Turn on the screen

Bobbie629

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Is the only way to turn the screen on the side on/off button? I'm sorry I'm new to android (was with blackberry 2 years and then iPhone for 4 years, blackberry for 6 months and now android). I hate the black screen and my home button would turn it on/off not needing the power button. So far my only complaint with the Ultra! Loving it!

Sent from my Ultra using AC Forums mobile app

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
The phone should often recognize that you've picked it up or moved it, and show the on-screen slider that you can use to turn the screen on. Other than that, just the power button.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The phone should often recognize that you've picked it up or moved it, and show the on-screen slider that you can use to turn the screen on. Other than that, just the power button.

From my experience with the Maxx you would need a significant orientation change for the screen to light up. Removing my phone from my pocket always turns the screen on but a simple pick up from the table doesn't. If you're comfortable doing this carefully place your phone with the screen facing the table. Pick it up and the screen will light up every time. Now try it with the screen facing up and repeat most of the time.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
My experience has been the phone always notices when I pick it up from a desktop, regardless of how it was sitting there. In fact, bumping the phone hard enough to make it slide a little will normally light it up and show me the time. Easily my favorite feature of the phone. (I have the Maxx).

Bobbie629

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes, mine recognizes some times when I pick it up. Other times not. I guess I will keep teaching it!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Motorola DROID Ultra

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
To be honest I'm glad that the only button to light up the screen is the power button. I loved my note2 but I hated that I could hit the home button to light up the screen. He reason being is it would light up n my pocket a lot. I much prefer using the power button, or the sliding this does when the clock pops up. This way I don't find the screen on as much when I don't want it on.

To each their own but I like the way the new motos are set up
Using my Moto Droid Maxx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12