1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default video messaging

hi all, just got a new droid ultra and was trying to send a short video via text however I don't seem to have that option. it says gmail, drive, google, picasa but no messaging? any suggestions? thanks

Default Re: video messaging

I've had no luck sending video through text myself. You may have to email it. You can attempt to send it through the messaging application itself though. You'll see an option to upload a video but again I always get a "File exceeds limit" message.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

I had not tried to send a video yet, so after seeing this I tried it. I saw that there was no choice to pick messaging when you try to do it right from the video. Then went and started a message and hit the attachment button and chose video. (Yep, video was a choice!) The video I picked was a very short one of my dog and sure enough, it said, "You can't add this video to your message."

I wonder why this is and hope it is something fixed with a future update maybe. First thing I've seen that disappoints me with my Ultra. Drat!

(Thought I'd add that I am referring to sending a video by SMS, not email, since that wasn't clear in the first sentence. I have sent a video by email.)

I have not tried this on my new drd ultra, buton my old Droid incredible, the only way to send video was to open text, click paper clip , choose record video and record new video of less than 30 secs long.
    Welll DUH
    Forgot i still have my old Droid incredible Active!
    So i jst tried it and i was RIGHT
    Capture new video in text message, 30 Secomds or less and Send
    It Works
    Try it !
    RYANSP1973
    DROID ULTRA
    ANDROID KITKAT 4.4

I just started using Textra for my messaging app and you can send a video with it, as long as it doesn't exceed the SMS size limit. When I hit the share icon while I have a prerecorded video up in my camera roll, Textra shows up near the end of the list when you choose "See All." And I noticed after using it once I don't have to hit "See All" anymore, it shows up in the first list of options when you hit the share icon.

I'm liking Textra.....great app!