1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default volume on lowest still too loud

Hi. I just bought the Ultra yesterday and uploaded all of my music. When I put my headphones on, I naturally put the volume on the lowest, just above mute. I never listen to music loud. I noticed that even in the lowest setting, it is too loud. It is almost like their version of low is loud. I have looked this up a bit online. Seems like this is an Android thing. Is there anyway to fix this? I tried numerous apps but no luck. I am in the process if contacting Motorola. Great phone just weird flaw.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: volume on lowest still too loud

Sounds like a defective unit. If the problem persists, return to a local store for a new one.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi and thanks for getting back to me. I don't think it is defective or anything. This seems to be the way Android sets their lowest volume to. I put in a ticket to talk to someone from Motorola. This seems to be a common setting in Android phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Deb20 View Post
    Hi and thanks for getting back to me. I don't think it is defective or anything. This seems to be the way Android sets their lowest volume to. I put in a ticket to talk to someone from Motorola. This seems to be a common setting in Android phones.

Tested my Ultra and have zero issues with volume on the lowest setting when headphones are plugged in.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblin30 View Post
    Tested my Ultra and have zero issues with volume on the lowest setting when headphones are plugged in.
    Same here. Its very low when set to the first setting.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Are you both on KitKat?

Are you both on KitKat?

No, the Droid Maxx and Ultra haven't been updated to Kit Kat yet.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Oh I see. When I bought the ultra. It prompted me to update to KitKat. I did contact Motorola but haven't heard back. Do you think I should call Verizon?

Oh I see. When I bought the ultra. It prompted me to update to KitKat. I did contact Motorola but haven't heard back. Do you think I should call Verizon?

Are you sure its KitKat? There was an update but it shouldn't be KitKat. Go to Settings > About Phone. What's your Android Version? I'm on Jelly Bean (4.2.2)

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Hi. I'm on Jelly Bean.

I've had no issues with the volume and ear phones either. In fact, I turn it up about halfway or more while walking and listening to music. Lowest setting is very low! Since you just got your Ultra you might want to take it in to Verizon and ask them to check it against another one and see if it is defective in some way. You could exchange if need be.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Hi! Thank you for your replies. I was able to see that it is just how the volume level setting is.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

I agree with the original poster. I just switched from the iPhone 5 to the Moto X, and the lowest volume setting is really loud. I work in an office, and I listen to headphones, and I want the music really soft (kind of background music), and the lowest setting on the Moto X is not even close. I looked around the Play Store for a while looking for an app that can provide more fine-grain control of the volume. If someone know of an app to do this, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by feiock View Post
    I agree with the original poster. I just switched from the iPhone 5 to the Moto X, and the lowest volume setting is really loud. I work in an office, and I listen to headphones, and I want the music really soft (kind of background music), and the lowest setting on the Moto X is not even close. I looked around the Play Store for a while looking for an app that can provide more fine-grain control of the volume. If someone know of an app to do this, let me know.
    PlayerPro? There's a free trial and it goes very low. At least for my standards anyways. Then again I've never felt the sound was too loud at its lowest setting.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

I agree Moto X volume way too loud using LG HBS 730 headphones. I feel like I am still next to speakers in dance or concert hall. Clearly can be damaging to ears.

Need an app to finely scale down from lowest current volume. Any suggestions? Everything I am seeing is to boost volume! Not good!

Tried the Player Pro free trial version. It seems to be for managing play lists, etc.
    I'm on Pandora, do not see an additional volume control. Decided to uninstall it.
    Too too loud !