- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Glass repair / cases
Hello ultra lovers,
I have had my Ultra since release and have loved everything about it... Except... It felt fragile. I went with the otter box and found it to be very protective. However at the sacrifice of the quality of the display. So, I gambled and went naked. Ok for a few weeks. Everything felt and worked better. Until today when gravity got the best of me and my phone.
2 questions follow this unfortunate event.
1. Has anyone come across an inexpensive repair option for the glass? The display works, case is good. The glass is so bad I can feel it on my fingers and even worse, I am unable to use the soft keys now. I have quotes from Motorola ($190) to $250+ from independent shops.
2. Are there any cases out there you use that give 110% protection of this fragile little thing as well as show off its talents?
I look forward to your insight.
btw. As of now, I think the cheapest and quickest option is to get another one, add a line and deal with an extra # for 2 years.
- 12-22-2013, 08:41 AM #2
- 12-22-2013, 03:34 PM #3
Re: Glass repair / cases
Ouch, ouch, ouch! I feel your pain too! I don't know about repair options because, cross fingers, I haven't had to go there. And I don't know of any case that gives you 100% protection, but the Otterbox you had is probably the most protective. But yes, it's not attractive.
My most protective case and the one I feel most secure using is the Speck Candy Shell Grip. It is still attractive but also protective. I use it when I think the activities of a particular day might require it! And it really does feel great in the hand, very secure grip.
- 12-24-2013, 09:18 PM #4
Re: Glass repair / cases
you didn't mention the otterbox model you tried, I just got my case in today, the otterbox commuter. so far, so good, and there is no screen interference. the problem I was having is the phone is actually too thin. odd to say but I thought it would be great when I bought the phone but found out that it is actually difficult to handle. its hard to pick up off of a hard surface such as a table and just holding it like any of my other phones, I just cant seem to keep it from slipping out of my hand. anyway, this is the first phone I had to buy a case for, six hours into this and I like it.
- 03-27-2014, 10:33 AM #5
- By delta7 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 37Last Post: 01-17-2014, 03:51 AM
- By smileman in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 8Last Post: 01-09-2014, 02:42 AM
- By t1234 in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 3Last Post: 12-28-2013, 12:33 PM
- By detectorfrog in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 10Last Post: 12-27-2013, 12:56 PM
- By D3MX in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 3Last Post: 12-21-2013, 12:30 AM