Trying Nova Launcher... now what?

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I am doing this to get rid of the Google Search box across the top of all my screens, this is without a doubt the most useless feature on this phone, but I digress...

So I download and installed Nova, it asks if I want to import settings from another launcher or restore previous Nova backup. I doesn't want to import the stock launcher settings, so do I just skip this and go to Nova Settings and dig in?

thanx,
T

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am doing this to get rid of the Google Search box across the top of all my screens, this is without a doubt the most useless feature on this phone, but I digress...

So I download and installed Nova, it asks if I want to import settings from another launcher or restore previous Nova backup. I doesn't want to import the stock launcher settings, so do I just skip this and go to Nova Settings and dig in?

thanx,
T

Yes. You can skip it. Start setting it up the way you like. There are many more options to Nova than Stock. Once you have everything the way you want it I would suggest to make a backup of it. It is pretty easy.
Here is more info on Nova: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-tos/299378-guide-nova-launcher.html

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
thanks, that's what I was looking for but couldn't seem to find.

so, I'll probably use this thread to ask questions as I go forward with this launcher switch, and the next question/comment is:

I am very used to having the Droid Command Central on my home screen, the time, alarm setting, weather info and app link and the battery info and settings link all right there, and hell, it looks really cool too... is there a similar app or widget out there I can use to replace the Droid Command Central?

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
thanks, that's what I was looking for but couldn't seem to find.

so, I'll probably use this thread to ask questions as I go forward with this launcher switch, and the next question/comment is:

I am very used to having the Droid Command Central on my home screen, the time, alarm setting, weather info and app link and the battery info and settings link all right there, and hell, it looks really cool too... is there a similar app or widget out there I can use to replace the Droid Command Central?

The app "One More Clock" has a skin that looks just like the Droid Command Center, but sadly it doesn't have the same functionality. I don't think there's one that does, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
The app "One More Clock" has a skin that looks just like the Droid Command Center, but sadly it doesn't have the same functionality. I don't think there's one that does, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

thanks, I may try that or look into one of the build a clock apps I've seen. I don't know if I can recreate the Droid Central widget or not, but I'm content with my set up right now. I'm learning there are many ways to skin a cat with the android devices, and most all of the clock/weather apps have a few touch points to launch other apps. So, "it's all good"

T

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance