Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default video too large to send SMS on Motorola Droid Ultra

Hi! I hope everybody had a great holiday season! With my Droid Ultra, I like to take videos and send them via SMS. I noticed that I cannot do that at all. Even if I make a two second clip. I get a message telling me it is too large to send. I can't send it via email as well.
    With research, people have some solutions but I haven't been able to get them to work. Do any of you know of a free compressor that I could use that could fix this but retain the quality? I have no option to decrease the video resolution as it seems there was on previous phones.
    If I go into a text and then hit capture video, that is the only way it will send. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Droid Ultra
    KitKat

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    950 Global Posts

Default Re: video too large to send SMS on Motorola Droid Ultra

Upload to Dropbox. Create a link to the file & text it to the recipient.

People with limited data plans will probably appreciate it that you send a link instead of an email message with a big-a$$ file.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

Hey KitKat -
    Did you ever find a way to send video as I have the same problem. I use Hangouts to text but even in reg Messages it will not work. I don't even have a capture video option. Thanks

I'm having the same problem with my phone I have looked into it and that is the only way to do it. Select messaging choose the person youre going to send it to and then video it at that point. You cannot send a pre-existing video. Yeah I know. That's crazy. I'm missing my iPhone a little more now. It was a great phone I just thought I would try a droid.