video too large to send SMS on Motorola Droid Ultra

anon(8331907)

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I hope everybody had a great holiday season! With my Droid Ultra, I like to take videos and send them via SMS. I noticed that I cannot do that at all. Even if I make a two second clip. I get a message telling me it is too large to send. I can't send it via email as well.
With research, people have some solutions but I haven't been able to get them to work. Do any of you know of a free compressor that I could use that could fix this but retain the quality? I have no option to decrease the video resolution as it seems there was on previous phones.
If I go into a text and then hit capture video, that is the only way it will send. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Droid Ultra
KitKat

Posted via Android Central App

rlmesq

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Upload to Dropbox. Create a link to the file & text it to the recipient.

People with limited data plans will probably appreciate it that you send a link instead of an email message with a big-a$$ file.

Kathy Chism

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey KitKat -
Did you ever find a way to send video as I have the same problem. I use Hangouts to text but even in reg Messages it will not work. I don't even have a capture video option. Thanks

clintlewis

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my phone I have looked into it and that is the only way to do it. Select messaging choose the person youre going to send it to and then video it at that point. You cannot send a pre-existing video. Yeah I know. That's crazy. I'm missing my iPhone a little more now. It was a great phone I just thought I would try a droid.

Grimm Smith

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys. I had the same problem on my Droid Maxx. And since it uses data for dropbox I called Verizon Tech Support just thought I'd share what he was able to find for me. I just got it so I'm not sure if you can keep trying it and whatnot or if it's days or converts. The pro version is 1.99$ But theres an app called AndroVid (All one word.) And it lets you trim videos, convert them down from 1080p down way low. It can drop as low as 160. And you can also convert videos up from lower resolutions. It can also convert videos from mp4 to mp3 so if theres a song and you can only find it as a video you can turn it to mp3. Can also add music to videos all kinds of great stuff. I just downloaded it and I'm using it for free. Now I know it's not as simple as just hitting gallery and share. (Idk about Ultra but on Droid Maxx the Share option in the app itself didn't work for my Maxx) HOWEVER if you go into the messages of the person you wanna send it to and just hit videos instead of capture video, then tap the one you converted. It will allow you to send the videos again. I just made this account here for this site using my google+ to share this option with you. All thanks goes to jimmy at tech support for Verizon for finding the app for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs