Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Keyboard Problems: Lost "Microphone Key" & I never had a "Return Key"

Hello
    1.) I have never had a Return Key since I got my Droid Ultra 2 weeks ago, there is the Smiley Face Key in that spot.
    ALSO i HAD a Microphone key on the Left of the spacebar and now it has disappeared and been replaced with a Comma Key.
    I have not installed any keyboard apps or anything that should have affected the Keyboard
    I have checked all the settings in Language & Input,
    Removed & Reinstalled the Google Search Updates and still no
    Microphone or Return key.
    Keyboard.png

2.) Another question/ issue. On my old HTC Droid Incredible, When Texting in the Attachment Dropdown List, I had many options to attach: Pictures, Videos, Name Card, Audio & APP RECOMMENDATIONS.
    On my Droid Ultra I have all these Options EXCEPT for the APP RECOMMENDATIONS.
    Is this option not available on my Droid Ultra? Is there a way to add it ? I have no way to share Apps

Please HelpKeyboard Problems: Lost "Microphone Key" & I never had a "Return Key"-keyboard.pngKeyboard Problems: Lost "Microphone Key" & I never had a "Return Key"-list.png
    RYANSP1973
    DROID ULTRA
    ANDROID KITKAT 4.4

Default Re: Keyboard Problems: Lost "Microphone Key" & I never had a "Return Key"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryansp1973 View Post
    Hello
    1.) I have never had a Return Key since I got my Droid Ultra 2 weeks ago, there is the Smiley Face Key in that spot.
    ALSO i HAD a Microphone key on the Left of the spacebar and now it has disappeared and been replaced with a Comma Key.
    I have not installed any keyboard apps or anything that should have affected the Keyboard
    I have checked all the settings in Language & Input,
    Removed & Reinstalled the Google Search Updates and still no
    Microphone or Return key.
    Keyboard.png

2.) Another question/ issue. On my old HTC Droid Incredible, When Texting in the Attachment Dropdown List, I had many options to attach: Pictures, Videos, Name Card, Audio & APP RECOMMENDATIONS.
    On my Droid Ultra I have all these Options EXCEPT for the APP RECOMMENDATIONS.
    Is this option not available on my Droid Ultra? Is there a way to add it ? I have no way to share Apps

Please HelpClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Keyboard.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	105374Click image for larger version. 

Name:	list.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	105375
    That is odd.....it seems it has to be something in settings, but you checked all that.

Two thoughts:
    1. Have you gone to the Play Store and updated Google Keyboard?
    2. Get Swiftkey from the Play Store. It's a better keyboard anyway, in my opinion. It's always the first app I install on a new phone.

As to sharing an app being among your choices, I have never used that option (if I've had it) and can't help you there.
    Maybe someone else will know about that.