Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Play store apps not installing

I Just bought my Droid Ultra and i am having problems installing apps off of the play store.

After i click an app and confirm that i want to install it the app begins to download in the store. ( a blue bar appears as if it is installing onto my phone). The app never actuly installs though, and I cannot see the percentage downloaded. or any notification on my phone that shows the app is even truly being downloaded.

I have tried rebooting my phone, and clearing my cached data. I have attempted to complete the installation with both my mobile network and wireless.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

- Happytimeharry

Default Re: Play store apps not installing

Welcome to Android Central! A couple of things to check:

1. In the Play Store, tap Menu, then Settings/Content filtering. Make sure everything is checked.
    2. In Settings>Wireless & Networks--Data Usage, tap Menu and make sure "Restrict background data" is unchecked.

How long has this issue been going on? Google servers can sometimes glitch, so if it's only been going on for a day, then you may want to wait a day and try again.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Play store apps not installing

I followed your directions and made sure all of my setting were correct, but the problem still persists. It has been happening for about a day and a half now.

I guess ill just wait and try again later tonight.

thank you for the help.