Wifi connected but no Internet

trunker1

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I've tried several free wifi finders and I get "connected but no Internet access". Went to the mall and received 6mb of data but couldn't surf.
Why no Internet if I'm connected? Looked at all the data and wifi settings and everything is enabled/allowed as far as I can tell.
Worked fine for secured connection at school. No, I don't have a wireless router for testing.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is the WiFi you wanted to use REALLY open? Some networks are open to connect to but won't actually give you access until you sign in via a webpage logon.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I've tried several free wifi finders and I get "connected but no Internet access". Went to the mall and received 6mb of data but couldn't surf.
Why no Internet if I'm connected? Looked at all the data and wifi settings and everything is enabled/allowed as far as I can tell.
Worked fine for secured connection at school. No, I don't have a wireless router for testing.

Try opening a new browser page/tab.

Amol Farkade

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a mobile with Android 2,2.2 (Dell Streak) I am able to connect to WIFI but can not browse. I tried all option given by Rahul but still no luck. Need help.

Lenny Raleigh

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
:D Thanks this worked although my internet was working fine until this AM with ZERO changes. I find it funny that without changes it stopped working but your write up worked for me (first option) Thanks again

IslaG

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I wanted to try Rahul's solution but I can't find it, please could you post it again? My Nexus5 has always had an exclamation mark next to the wifi connection and now I get a message saying 'connected but no internet'.
Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae