Apps will be installed soon

peaceablegarden

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi and thanks in advance for the help. New to forum, new to Droid and Android. I just received my new phone on Friday. Installed Facebook app with no problems. Tried to install outlook.com app and some other apps with no luck. I get the message ".... will be installed on your device soon". When I go to Google Play, it shows the app has been installed but it does not show up on the phone anywhere. Baffled. Completely. Thanks again.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
When you go into your Settings and then tap "Apps" can you scroll thru those and see them there? That would tell you if they're actually on your phone or not.
Also, did you try to install from your computer or any other device instead of from your phone? Not that you can't do that but sometimes you don't get it right away that way. You should but I've experienced delay before installing from my iPad and it sending to my phone.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

peaceablegarden

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I have checked in the settings, apps section. They are not there. I initially tried installing using wifi, and trying to troubleshoot, tried installing by connecting through my pc today. Delay for this means now well over 24 hours. I've been at this since yesterday morning.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
There's something blocking installation. Looking under Security and Screen Lock settings there is a place to enable installation of apps from unknown sources. This shouldn't be necessary since you are downloading fromGoogle Play Store, but you might want to try checking "unknown sources" and see if it makes any difference. It won't hurt to try that.

Hope someone else can offer more help here!

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey so how do you install the google play store?

Thing is, you can't actually uninstall the Play Store, it just disables the app, so you need to re-enable it. So, go to Settings > Apps, then scroll down and find Play Store, tap on it, and there should be a button to re-enable the app.

TaaviTaavi

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I have exactly the same problem, still ongoing. I was trying to make space on my phone, so uninstalled Google Play and Google Services as deeply as I could. (Then I removed my external memory card as it broke)
A few weeks later started noticing the same problem: I could not download and install any app whatsoever. (Other parralel problems were constant annoying phone failures such as "Sorry, Whisper push has just stopped working" etc...

I recently reset my phone to factory reset, and tried to follow the advice above. However, I do not have GooglePlay listed anywhere in my "settings-apps-all" tab - I really think I managed to uninstall it completely. And now I can't reinstall GooglePlay despite my best efforts. Any ideas please?

I have a samsung GT-I9000, running CyanogenMod v 11..., Android 4.4.4.

Thanks!

p.s the solution is to install "Google Apps" from the cyanogenmod wiki site. Problem solved!

Last edited:

Ishmael Monnathebe

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Can somebody be kind enough to show me how to get rid of my Samsung Xcover ? I cant give it to anyone cause I don't want them go through the same experience. thanks in advance

Lonny Brooks

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
If your phone is new or has been reset to factory settings the allow software from 3rd parties to be installed in Unchecked by Default
Under Security scroll down under device administrators is Unknown sources Check that box and Agree to the pop-up waring then try installing them from the Google Play store they should show up within 15 minutes if not turn your phone off and then back on

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2