Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New To Droid Ultra

Just got the ultra for my mother. She got talked into a Kyocera Hydro Elite! That was a complete BUST. I am not new to Android so I can help her with the setup. Just wondering if any of you Ultra owners Can tell me what Key features you like best about the Droid ultra. IT will remain stock... NO ROOTING for mama-LOL At least with Moto she is going to have a device that is recognizable to others. Literally no one ... not even the store reps could tell her how to use the Kyocera. So phone hardware or UI or Moto apps you Can offer feedback on would be awesome.Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: New To Droid Ultra

I am like Mama. I am older and this is my first Droid. I love the talk to text feature. Google Now is good too.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

She loves the talk to text also. She is a tad challenged on her technology but I think this device will give her a screen size she likes along with plenty of capabilities, battu and storage. Going to tweak it and set up some things for her tomorrow. Hoping to relearn the Moto user interface quickly. I like the expandable clock widget and assist.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Assist is the very best feature of my Ultra, for me. I love that I can just get in my car and go and my phone will answer my calls and put them on speaker and will read me my texts and give me the option to "text" back by speaking. Such a cool thing and great safety feature! Second to that is Active Notifications which I find much more useful than a blinking LED light, contrary to the opinion of some others.

All-in-all this is is a very user friendly and feature rich phone....and the features are actually useful and not just gimmicky.

Hope your mom will explore these features and make full use of them. The Ultra is a great phone....had mine since last November and I love it!
    Ladybell and hub1 like this.