- 1 Posts
Google Now "OK Google" issues with Droid Ultra
I work for a company that works with mobile phones on a daily basis.
I had a customer with a Droid Ultra today and he was having issues with the "Ok Google" feature of the Google Now application.
The customer has been using this feature, saying "Ok Google", and then saying his command to call someone.
However, for our purposes, we needed to disable this feature as it was causing a conflict with what we were doing.
Every time he would say the word "Google" or "OK google", his phone would pick up his voice and open Google Now.
He checked the "voice" settings menu of Google, but it already said this feature was already turned off!
He tried to turn it on and back off, and said "Ok Google" - sure enough, Google Now popped up right away. Tried leaving it on - same thing.
We tried to turn Google Now completely off, and test it further - yet again, as soon as he said "OK Google", Google Now opened immediately.
Anyone have any ideas what would prevent this from actually disabling?
- 05-08-2014, 05:24 PM #2
Re: Google Now "OK Google" issues with Droid Ultra
Settings > Touchless Control > uncheck Touchless Control.Android Central Moderator
Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!
Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
- By mullberg in forum Android AppsReplies: 7Last Post: 09-26-2014, 04:03 PM
- By humanracer in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 5Last Post: 05-09-2014, 04:54 PM
- By CarrierPigeon in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 05-08-2014, 04:14 PM
- By DCRicky in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 05-08-2014, 03:52 PM
- By Chris Organ1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 05-08-2014, 03:00 PM