Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Default Droid Ultra No Longer Available?

According to Verizon, the Droid Ultra is discontinued. It is no longer available online or in store. Though it is available through Amazon. Has anyone heard about the Ultra being retired? I was looking at getting it as an upgrade since I can't quite afford the Maxx and don't want the Mini. Verizon rep said they have gotten rid of their stock and will no longer be carrying it.

Global Posts
    21,015 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Droid Ultra No Longer Available?

Quote Originally Posted by glovenc View Post
    According to Verizon, the Droid Ultra is discontinued. It is no longer available online or in store. Though it is available through Amazon. Has anyone heard about the Ultra being retired? I was looking at getting it as an upgrade since I can't quite afford the Maxx and don't want the Mini. Verizon rep said they have gotten rid of their stock and will no longer be carrying it.
    Welcome to the forums. They probably are getting rid of the current stock, to make room for the next line of phones. If you want to get it, now would be a good time.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Is Motorola actually going to continue the Droid line? I wonder if being bought by Lenovo will see the end of the Droid line.

Posted via Android Central App

If the Ultra is available on Amazon I would get it. It's a great phone... highly underrated. I also noticed it wasn't on the Verizon website anymore and thought they must have discontinued it. The Maxx was definitely the better seller due to the larger battery and storage. But the Ultra is the same phone otherwise.
    I don't look to see the Droid line continued with Lenovo, but you never know.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums. They probably are getting rid of the current stock, to make room for the next line of phones. If you want to get it, now would be a good time.
    I'd keep in mind that the Droid and Moto X phones are coming up on being 11 months old. They're still wonderful devices, but I wouldn't buy one unless it was heavily discounted or you don't mind that you're going to be at least a year behind the hardware cycle.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk