Why won't my Droid Ultra turn on or charge?

A

AC Question

why will my droid ultra not turn on or charge?

My phone died today after it was fully charged. I brought it back in the house to charge it and it would not charge, I tried several chargers to make sure It wasnt the charger.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: why will my droid ultra not turn on or charge?

Welcome to Android Central! What happens when you press and hold the Power button for at least 10-15 seconds? Do you feel any vibration, or do the LED lights go on? If so, then the screen has failed. But if absolutely nothing happens, then it might be something more serious, like a motherboard failure. Contact Motorola, if still under warranty.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: why will my droid ultra not turn on or charge?

Also, charge it for at least 4 hours before trying to turn it on. The first hour it's ramping up, it's not taking much charge - maybe enough to turn the device off the moment it turns on.

Thomas Hunter3

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Mine started doing that yesterday, about eight hours after Daylight Savings Time kicked in. laid it down, fully charged, picked it up about three hours later, dead as a doornail. Had to hardboot it using volume up knob and power knob together. Took it to Verizon, they showed me how. Did it again today. This is getting ridiculous. System updates not required, says is up to date. Haven't downloaded any new programs lately, but I did do some updates several days ago on programs. Ideas? How do you engage this safe mode you are talking about?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1