Cant sleep with emails ding ding all night.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
What do I need to turn down the notifications or the media to silence the emails and text at night so that I can sleep?

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Get Silent Sleep in the market. Set the time you want to silence your phone and what time you want the sound to turn back on. Works perfect for me.

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Navigate to the settings menu of the e-mail and messaging apps. There, you will find options to disable the audio notifications. Of course, to get them back again, you'd have to navigate back there and turn them back on -- assuming you remember to do that.

So a better solution is to use an automation program like Tasker, which you can program to change your profiles automatically based on time of day, day of the week, or any number of other variables. You can program it to silence alerts at night, and then unsilence them at say, 8 a.m. or whenever you want.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
You can easily automate the process with an app such as Sound Manager. I've been using it for months for the same reason. You can set schedules for any of your sounds, such as Notification Volume to shut down at some time in the evening, and back up whenever you want in the morning. Very simple, but very effective.

KJoFan

May 19, 2010
Visit site
+1 for Sound Manager. I've been using it for a little while now and it works really well. I can set a morning/night schedule and also use it for during work hours/after work hours.

matthewdlyons

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
As others have suggested, turn off the data (3G and WiFi) and syncing. I use SwitchPro, but others widgets are available, including the Moto Blur widgets. Also, you can set the battery manager to shut down data and syncing during the night. Just go to Settings > Battery Manager >Battery Mode > Nighttime Saver.

I don't mean to be flip, but you can also just turn off your DX when you go to bed. Of course, if this is your only phone line, this may not be an option for you.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I use my profiles.
I have a profile for work, 1 for home, 1 to turn off SMS at night, and 1 to turn off wifi and lock the phone when I'm out.

For Gmail I use Gmail Notifier. I can set the mail icon, the led color, and what time to silence the email notification.

pank

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Get Silent Sleep in the market. Set the time you want to silence your phone and what time you want the sound to turn back on. Works perfect for me.

+1

On a side note do yourself a favor and check out timeriffic as well. It is a scheduler that automatically turns off data connections at set times. Very useful and not only let's you sleep but also helps save your battery :)

sdbroker

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I use Bedside. I can whitelist my important calls/txts; ie wife, kids, parents, so their calls will come thru no matter what. $1.99 but worth it to me.