Known Issues with the Droid X? It's almost 1 year...

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure I am in the same boat with a lot of Droid X owners as July progresses. I bought and activated mine on 7/23 so I have around 3 weeks left on the warranty. Those that bought it on 7/15 have under 2 weeks.

Just wondering if there are any known issues of the DX to be aware of. I heard, at one point, that the headset jack would have a history of going bad. I don't use this regularly, but so, mine has had no issues.

On the software side, I am still running a Froyo based Rom and don't really see the need to change. Gingerbread doesn't really seem like a big deal to me.

Battery life and last me about 1 day with regular usage, less if I am using Netflix heavily.

16 GB SD card is still readable and writable.

About the only thing I haven't tested is the HDMI out feature since I don't have an HDMI TV, but, assuming the rest of the phone is OK, I hope this works as well.

Part of my reason for asking this question is because I should be eligible for an annual upgrade on 7/23/11 and I've decided I will probably drop my insurance,

A) because the DX has fallen enough in value to make buying one on ebay not much more than paying by $100 deductible to Asurion should something happen. In the beginning, when the DX was over $500 new, insurance seemed worth it.

B) Because if I do have an Annual Upgrade, it is almost like having insurance if I need to replace my phone quickly.

C) The Bionic may be coming out soon after that, in which case, I would add the insurance again for that phone.

Last edited:

willtothewong

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
For me, knock on wood, I haven't had any problems both on the software side or the hardware.

I am planning on dropping my insurance too soon. Not worth it since it isn't worth as much as it was.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The device so far for me has been ultimately awesome. I'm most impressed by the audio quality(even w headphones) and how the screen brightens for me when I need it. Its just sometimes the user messes it up on the inside but that's ok he has sbf's lol

Sent from the X of B

mapletop

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
how bout volume my ringer and txt volume will go down by it self i have to go in and bring it up.any fix for this?mapletop @hotmail.com

Last edited:

akronevan2

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
B) Because if I do have an Annual Upgrade,

I could be wrong, but I believe that there are no Annual Upgrades anymore. As far as problems with the phone, my power button is sticking. I am really considering getting the Droid 3 but I don't know which is better. Just my 2 cents.

jed1894#AC

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Problems for me:
1. Email sync issues with hotmail and corporate sync. It will just not work sometimes unless I turn if off and then on about 5 times.

2. No auto on or off.

3. It has no bedside mode for alarm. From what I can tell, you have to leave it on for the alarm to work. The BB, on the otherhand, will come on when an alarm is set under the calender mode.

Real good with Internet, telephone, texting, games, etc. I miss my BB when it comes to getting emails.

KJoFan

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I believe that there are no Annual Upgrades anymore. As far as problems with the phone, my power button is sticking. I am really considering getting the Droid 3 but I don't know which is better. Just my 2 cents.

OP could have their last annual upgrade available to use. Those that had one coming prior to VZW discontinuing the perk can still use it. Once they've used their last one though, then they are dropped to the every 2 yrs like everyone else. Or...that's how I understand it.

harryj

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Great phone overall, especially in contrast to the Storm 1... Jeeez
Running AOSP Liberty v9 and love it!
Only wish list item is, I wish the in call volume level were higher. The speakerphone is descent as is headset.
This was an issue with the early Storm, and was addressed in an update, I hope this happens with DX at some point.

AOSP came with DSP manager installed, which can help, but only via speakerphone, or headset, not the phones speaker!

HJ

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
my screen is has gone wonkers it fades in and out but VZW is sending me a refurbished one so o.hope that is ok.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton