I don't want it!!!! Nope not at all!! Please help

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately I have had to break down and return my Droid X for a refurbished one. Seriously I"M DREADING IT. I know I'm probably getting into someone elses problems. I do not really have the patience to deal with "Gingerbread" and do not want it on my phone because I know it's buggy!! Could someone tell me how to stay on "froyo" or to downgrade the phone when I get it tomorrow!! If there's a link I couldn't find it!!

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
That would be for a downgrade, the way not to upgrade is to simply ignore the update notification.
Thank you,

(the way not to upgrade is to simply ignore the update notification.) I know but when they send me the phone it will probably have gingerbread on it! I want to downgrade first thing!!

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
How do you know you're going to have problems? I didn't have any when I was running stock Gingerbread. You are aware that many times problems are caused by app conflicts and not the OS itself, right?

Why don't you actually be patient and try out the new phone and OS before making any judgments?

If you want to downgrade before actually really trying out the new OS, then suit yourself, but the stock Gingerbread experience is far better than stock Froyo.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
How do you know you're going to have problems? I didn't have any when I was running stock Gingerbread. You are aware that many times problems are caused by app conflicts and not the OS itself, right?

Why don't you actually be patient and try out the new phone and OS before making any judgments?

If you want to downgrade before actually really trying out the new OS, then suit yourself, but the stock Gingerbread experience is far better than stock Froyo.

I may but I feel I'm gonna have a double whammy with a refurb on top of a glichy OS! My patients has rans really thin lately, but I may take for your advice and give it a shot!! Thank you

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
You're really freaking out for no reason.

I've gotten a refurb in the past and it was fine.

You really need to be patient and wait to see what you get before conjuring up all sorts of problems in your head that you think the phone will have.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
You're really freaking out for no reason.

I've gotten a refurb in the past and it was fine.

You really need to be patient and wait to see what you get before conjuring up all sorts of problems in your head that you think the phone will have.

Your right Ultra, I will give it a whirl!! I'm freaking out for no reason I do that sometimes due to pass experiences!! Thanks for the reality check!!! ;)

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I have had a few minor problems since the upgrade to gingerbread, but I always had a lot more problems when I was on Froyo. Gingerbread has fixed a lot of problems I was experiencing with Froyo. So just give it a shot first!

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I have had a few minor problems since the upgrade to gingerbread, but I always had a lot more problems when I was on Froyo. Gingerbread has fixed a lot of problems I was experiencing with Froyo. So just give it a shot first!

Did they clear up the double tap to silence or the face down feature issues?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac