Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock for now.

Default How hot has your battery gotten?

My battery temp got up to 120 degrees today. I have never cracked 109 before today. It did worry me a little. How hot is too hot? What's the hottest your battery has been?

Default Re: How hot has your battery gotten?

I have noticed my phone has been getting hot too. Although the temp outside has been 102 , so I attributed the hot battery with the hot temperature.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread 2.3.3 rooted

i don't know an exact temperature but when i use the car mount it gets REALLY hot when it is in the sun the whole time.

Today I was using the nav on the phone while it was charging like I usually do and it was on fire what is causing the excess heat?

Mine has gotten very hot in the car dock also. It doesn't tend to get very hot throughout the day under normal use though.

My battery was 85* when i left work. Charged it in the car (no dock) got up to 114*.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock for now.

Yeah mine seems to get hottest on the car charger too (but not the dock).

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

i charged mine the other day and noticed it got to 123 degrees. is that normal?
    Sweet Home Chicago

Sprint BB Curve (long time) ---> Vzw Eris (3 days) ---> Storm 2 (less than a year) ---> Droid X (less than a year) ---> Razr Maxx (one year) ---> Razr Maxx HD (little over a year) ---> White Galaxy s5
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock for now.

Not sure if that is normal or not, but the other day mine actually got up 130. Part of the problem probably is that the weather is heating up and I don't have any air conditioning in my car.

Global Posts
    1,465 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

What are you all using as batt temp readers by chance. Dont forget that sometimes processor flow can affect overall temp as well including giving false battery readings.

Sent from the X of B
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock for now.

I use Widgetsoid. I also go to battery details in the phone's settings and it reads the same. When it gets like that the phone is super hot to the touch at the bottom on the back, even through the case.

Iam using Battery Monitor Widget Pro.

Global Posts
    1,465 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

Ok just makin sure there isn't a new hardware problem brewing.

Sent from the X of B
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.

I use my overclocking utility to bring the processor speed down a bit when it gets too hot. However, I recall having heard that the phones give alerts when it gets unsafely hot, and can turn themselves off it that gets out of control. Don't accept that as trufax though; I could totally be wrong.