Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera not working

Every time I use my camera the first picture doesn't take until the flash is off. Never did this until I updated to gingerbread. Is anyone else having d some what of the same problem.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Default Re: Camera not working

My camera just keeps failing to launch. "oops, camera cannot open". Only way I have found to beat it was a battery pull.

Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock for now.

One thing to try for both of you is go into settings - applications - manage applications. Then find camera. Go in there and clear data and cache (if there is any). This will fix a lot of these weird little problems a lot of the time. I had to do it just yesterday with the market app because it wouldn't launch.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by mhans311 View Post
    One thing to try for both of you is go into settings - applications - manage applications. Then find camera. Go in there and clear data and cache (if there is any). This will fix a lot of these weird little problems a lot of the time. I had to do it just yesterday with the market app because it wouldn't launch.
    Thanks brother, but tried it after you said it and still nothing. It didn't do it until I updated. Seems like literally every time I start up my camera the first picture doesn't take until after the flash has flashed. And now noticed that the video camera will screw up in the middle of making a video.

Actually I have noticed this from time to time, usually I have flash to ON instead of Auto helps..
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...