Can't Add Icons to Homescreen in GB

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
So I've had my DX since last September. I installed GB when it first became official and I'm not overall impressed with it, but it'll do. I've got LPP installed and have been using it for quite awhile. Recently it's been driving me insane when I press the home button from any app (but mostly the browser) that LPP force closes and has to reload my screens. It takes anywhere from 10 seconds to a minute to do, and is really pretty annoying. Essentially the only way to fix this is to reboot the phone, but the issue returns in about a day.

So because of this I've decided to try the Blur launcher. However I'm having one pretty significant issue. When I try to put ANY icon on the homescreen by long pressing it and adding it to the homescreen, it doesn't show up. Nothing happens at all. This renders the Blur launcher pretty much useless as I would have to long press on the homescreen to add a shortcut. Does anyone know what causes this and/or how I could fix it?

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
0011.gif

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate the input, but when I do that, the icon never goes to the homescreen. NOTHING HAPPENS. That's my issue.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Long press home screen> add shortcut> application. Should work I get force close when I try to add from app drawer.

Yeah, that was my problem. If I tried the App Drawer, nothing happened. It worked from the homescreen itself. That just seemed really tedious to me and was wondering if there was a work around.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that was my problem. If I tried the App Drawer, nothing happened. It worked from the homescreen itself. That just seemed really tedious to me and was wondering if there was a work around.

Try Clearing System cache by powering down device / Press and Hold Home and then Power / Hold Home until you get Android with Asterisk / Press Volume UP and DOWN / Wipe Cache Partition / Power Button to Enter / Reboot device when completed.

Reactions: Wildo6882

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
It did that to me as soon as I tried a home replacement (adw, lp, go). When I went back to moto launcher I lost the ability to drag apps from app menu to home screens.

cybertaz

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
You need to uninstall the home replacement. Blur has problems when a home replacement is even just installed. I don't know why. Just closing the home replacement isn't enough.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I was starting to think that was the case. I tried the cache clearing, and nothing. I'm assuming LPP is the culprit and Blur is having an issue with it. Thanks for the help everyone.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I was starting to think that was the case. I tried the cache clearing, and nothing. I'm assuming LPP is the culprit and Blur is having an issue with it. Thanks for the help everyone.

LPP is a nice app but it has caused a lot of FC and reboot issues recently so I gave up on it and went to ADW EX without any issues...

Last edited:

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
So I deleted LPP and cleared the cache and rebooted and I still can't add any apps from the app drawer to the home screens. Any other ideas out there?

vudugan

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
If you are ussing LPP this will not work from Blur Apps, you have to drag from LPP apps to add to homescreen.

This is only considering you have LPP as your default and made Blur Apps you launching middle button shortcut.... Like I did

Oh and I made my launcher to swipe up to LPP app Drawer so I could do
so ...hehe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox