Screen Failure - What to do?

cadis12

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
The screen on my Droid X went wonky on me last night. I can only view about a 1/4 of the screen. I'm going to call Verizon since the phone is not a year old yet but should I be worried that I am rooted and running a different ROM?

Not sure what to do.

Thanks.

cadis12

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
is this what its doing YouTube - ‪DroidX Screen Issue‬‏

take to VZW there sending me a refurbished one

Yep. Except mine is pretty bad. Can't read anything due to the banding that is going on. Looks like this:
7-19-10-droidscreen2202.jpg

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
If its less than 1 year old, not rooted, and shows no obvious physical damage, they will exchange it for a working one. Just call VZW customer service. They will have you go through several trouble shooting steps first, but in the end if everything checks out, you should have a working unit by the end of the week.

FYI -- They will just send you the phone. No battery, No battery cover, no SD Card, No Charger. Just the phone.

Be very sure to send the bad unit back or you will be charged.

Good luck!

Edit:

OOPS! I just saw that you are rooted and running a different ROM. If you can SBF back to stock. If you can't you may be SOL on a warrenty replacement. As soon as you root you void your warrenty.

Again -- Good Luck.

If all else fails -- When/if the Bionic is released several people will be selling their old phones including me. So look for a flood of used phones on the market in the near future. If you get stuck you may be able to pick up a used phone on Ebay/Craigs List.

Last edited:

cadis12

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, that's the problem....it is rooted and running a rom. But how can I revert it back to stock if I can't read whats on the screen?

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Well, that's the problem....it is rooted and running a rom. But how can I revert it back to stock if I can't read whats on the screen?

I'm not sure what you can do. I'm not a huge root/custom ROM guy.

Have you ever SBFed back to stock before? Does it require you to see whats on the screen?

If not, you may be in luck,

If it does, someone should have a detailed step by step set of instructions to get you through the process. I would check the Rooting, ROM's, Hacking section for your phone. Click here >>----> http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-x-rooting-roms-hacks/

I'm sure someone there will help with this process.

Again good luck.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm rooted and my screen is that and worse vzw sent me one no question asked the guy new extally what was wrong.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca