Motorola QC Sucks. 5 Bad DX's

Burner50

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yea.... I spent $150 on a Droid X in March, brand new.

Two weeks later my display started freaking out on me. It would work fine, then get snowy and fade to black... Got a factory refurbished device from VZW.

The first refurb wouldn't even power on out of the box.
The Second refurb worked for about a month, then stopped recognizing ANY SD Card
The Third refurb suffered a display failure out of the box, most likely backlight
The Fourth refurb worked the longest... almost three months before the Bluetooth stopped working and the camera flash stopped working (One LED would work sometimes.

After arguing with Verizon for an hour on the phone, I was speaking with a manager who was begging me to take another refurb phone... any phone but a 4G model.

All I want is a new DX... I don't care about anything else... I bought the car dock for the DX

They're overnighting me a "Certified Pre Owned" Droid X2... I'm not very optimistic at this point.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
The first refurb wouldn't even power on out of the box.
The Second refurb worked for about a month, then stopped recognizing ANY SD Card
The Third refurb suffered a display failure out of the box, most likely backlight
The Fourth refurb worked the longest... almost three months before the Bluetooth stopped working and the camera flash stopped working (One LED would work sometimes.

After arguing with Verizon for an hour on the phone, I was speaking with a manager who was begging me to take another refurb phone... any phone but a 4G model.

I feel your pain. I went though six or so Blackberry Storm 2s like that over the course of 13 months. One replacement came DOA. The issues I with that weren't hardware related (except maybe for the DOA unit) but firmware. Blackberry OS is crap beginning to end.

That's how I wound up with a Droid X and I've been good since.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
X2 will be the original X with a 2gig SD card...

I don't know where you heard that but it isn't true. There's been quite a change in and out in the X2 from the display to the dual core processor to the larger sd card not just a 2gb

Sent from the X of B

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12