Bluetooth "Enhanced Stereo" option in GB? (missing)

sacker71

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Am I missing something or was the Enhanced Stereo bluetooth setting removed in Gingerbread? Prior to upgrading to Gingerbread, I had this option checked and was able to stream audio to my car stereo at high quality and minimal battery usage. Now, the option is gone, sound quality is horrible, and the battery gets drained much faster.

Anyone else noticed this? WTF?

jlongjr27

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I haven't even thought about it. I recently installed bluetooth in my car and noticed the audio quality was kind of poor, so I just use the aux input. Would be nice if there were a way to enhance the bluetooth audio quality to match the headphone output.

It would also be cool if I could control apps with the headphone jack connected. I am assuming it's the phone preventing this because bluetooth is still connected for when a call comes in and I can use the remote to dial.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I haven't even thought about it. I recently installed bluetooth in my car and noticed the audio quality was kind of poor, so I just use the aux input. Would be nice if there were a way to enhance the bluetooth audio quality to match the headphone output.

Really? I find the headphone jack on the DX to be horrible. I've tried three medium to high-end wired headsets that all work wonderfully on my iPod and laptop and got the same bad results. I also tried them on a demo unit with the same bad results, yet the demo Thunderbolt and salescritter's own Thunderbolt sounded fine with the same headsets.

IMO, it's barely good enough for use in a car and not at all in a non-noisy location.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12