New update makes txt"ing almost impossible....what's going on?

JetJock79

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone....I have never had an issue at all with my phone.....I loved it actually.....but ever since the new update that I just did OTA......it seems to have gone downhill. All the graphics are great! Evereryhting was actually fantastic....until my txt messeging got worse and worse. Like it wouldn't keep up to my finger strokes.....then it ouldn't show what you are typing in th preview window,....and now.....about four to five key strokes.....it swipes away the keyboard, and it sometimes even just jumps into an all white screen with the txt you are respnding to is in (same as if you would click on a tpxt in one of the bubble conversation windows.How the hell can I fix this?? All Verizon will do is tell me to do a hard reset,....which will wype all my settings and programs and stuff....kinda find that to be junk,....only when I know that won't be the issue! ALSO.....how do you wype the cache on this now.......It won't do anything after I hit the search button when it comes to the exclamation screen. Please help.....this is th first time I have become this dissapointed in the phone!

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: New update makes txt"ing almost impossible....what's going on

Hey everyone....(snip)... ALSO.....how do you wype the cache on this now.......It won't do anything after I hit the search button when it comes to the exclamation screen. Please help.....(snip)...

To get to the stock recovery when your in GB :
Hold down power button and home button ,after a few seconds release power button while still holding home button . Now after the android with the exclamation screen opens up instead of pushing search button push both the volume buttons at the same time , then the window opens so you can wipe cache.
Use the volume button to scroll to select wipe cache and the power button to execute it.;)

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked to see if your messaging app is saving all the messages or only a certain amount? I know my old phone did not delete the older text and I had so many that everything just slowed down and my phone was just getting really slow. That was an htc by the way. Check it out and change it to only save about the last 200 or so messages. It'll stop your phone for a minute or two trying to delete all the old ones but it will work eventually.

Sent from da infuse mon!

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site

One problem could be the keyboard. A lot of people have had problems with the keyboard since the update. Try downloading a different keyboard from the market. I like gingerbread keyboard by Steven Lin. Something to try anyway before you factory reset.

dragon718

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Go into the setting> language and keyboard>multitouch keyboard setting and unchecked next word prediction. The keyboard acting funny since GB is a know issue and this is a possible fix for it. If that doesn't work do what the other person advices and download a third party keyboard. But the next word prediction should work. I work for VZW and had customer call in and he had already did a hard reset in a store and it still did it and I had him turn off next word prediction and it fixed the issue for him.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site

I had this exact problem. I decided to bite the bullet and reset my phone. It fixed everything and now I get to experience my phone as if it was brand new-- snappy and doesnt restart after being on for 5 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair