1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 9

Default Gingerbread VZW Service Dropping

Right, so I wasn't sure if anyone had posted this before, so please excuse me if it has been asked/posted before.

But to the chase, does anyone on Gingerbread suffer random service drops since updating to Gingerbread?

My problem is, that my VZW service just randomly dies for some unknown reason, but a reboot of the phone fixes the problem, but then the service drop comes again randomly, and this is a rather bad thing because in my field of work, I can be called at any time from the dispatchers at UPS for something coming out to my warehouse (It's the warehouse phone number that is forwarded to my phone) at ANY time of the day, usually when I'm awake, I'll be able to catch the problem before it becomes an actual problem, but when I'm asleep and it dies, what do I do?

I'm also no Android expert, so any help would be well appreciated.

Thanks
    My history:
    HTC Mogul 6800 > HTC Mogul 6800 > HTC Touch Pro > HTC Touch Pro > Palm Centro > Droid X

Default Re: Gingerbread VZW Service Dropping

Yes, there are a few discussions out there about it, including on Motorola's boards:

I've been having a problem like this since I installed the last update of the MY VERIZON app. Whenever I run it, I subsequently lose cellular connectivity until I power cycle the DX.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    ROM
    JBSourcery, Nilsp's ICS

Had some problems mostly with internet dropping on GB, but never phone service itself. I just recently found a REAL easy way to get back to Froyo. It was totally worth it.

Cheers

I have not had this (or any other issues) with Gingerbread, but if what you describe were happening to my phone, I would sbf back to Froyo. You can find instructions for that in the section for Rooting.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Boy this is happening to me and it's driving me crazy!!