X thinks the headphones are always plugged in

woodslink

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I'm having this problem with my Samsung S2. It says that "Earphones conected" when they are not. I've already installed SoundAbout, but nothing happened. Should I change some set at the app or in my phone now after installing? How does the app work? Thanks!

You may have to go into "Wired headset behavior", un-check the "Wired headset detection" setting and then restart the phone.

CStoegie

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I have an LG G2X on T-Mobile

SOLVED: So I tried all the hardware fixes above as I was pretty sure this was hardware related. It occurred after using it outdoors a lot on a particular humid day. I did the Q-Tip trick to no avail. I then blew into the hole like a nintendo cartridge with no results. I then sucked air out of the hole hard. This fixed the problem. I then put headphones in and out and the problem came back. I repeated sucking air out of the hole hard several times and tested again. The problem remains fixed now. I can only assume it was either moisture, a particle, or some combination of the two.

Abdo Mohiey

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey! I had the same problem with my LG Optimus. I was looking for the answer and came across to this page. I red about audio toggle app., and wanted to download it. :) Than happen something funny. I connected my phone to pc and disconnected it. The headset bar disappier :)
It actually worked! Weird! Thanks man!

Dwayne Ramirez

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
You're right, is a hardware issue. I took a Q tip remove some of the cotton at the tip, then inserted it in and "swap"it in and out a couple of time and wa-la! Thanks for the advise it worked well for me.

4600icey

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I have an LG G2X on T-Mobile

SOLVED: So I tried all the hardware fixes above as I was pretty sure this was hardware related. It occurred after using it outdoors a lot on a particular humid day. I did the Q-Tip trick to no avail. I then blew into the hole like a nintendo cartridge with no results. I then sucked air out of the hole hard. This fixed the problem. I then put headphones in and out and the problem came back. I repeated sucking air out of the hole hard several times and tested again. The problem remains fixed now. I can only assume it was either moisture, a particle, or some combination of the two.

I did all the same stuff and sucking the air out actually worked,thank you so much.

Matthew Gibson

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I've been trying everything for this issue... I used variations of cleaning solution in the headphone jack, using canned air, installing apps, Nintendo Cartriding it as well.... I never thought to SUCK the jack! It worked like a charm. Thanks for the post!

Tatyan22

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
On my Alcatel one touch fierce at the top of the phone it has the headphones symbol which says that my headphones are in but they are not in so now I can't hear anything please help I hate this phone👎👎👎😤😤😤

RAS Nong Khai

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. This app does show head phones "off" but after a few seconds they come back on. I can't believe the on/off stuff is doing the phone any good. And it is probably eating the battery. But it does work for a while and SoundAbout is an interesting app.

Jezzaman269

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, i was panicking because this is my new phone (Samsung s4), this app is great, but one annoying thing is i have to keep on changing it from speaker to headset for example, do u know how to change that or not. THANKS!!!!!

TinkerHogg

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I have the exact same problem but on my HP Slate 7 tablet. My device thinks the headphones are plugged in all the time. I pressed factory reset, because I thought it might help, but it didn't :'( Some one please help!!!

TinkerHogg

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I did try sucking the air out of the headphone hole. And it still hasn't worked. What should I do? I need my tablet to work in 2 days time for my holiday.

zzherman

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
SOLVED (me too)

I tried everything myself until I read CStoegie's post. I figure out that this must be a mechanical problem, but I did not want to prepare a special setup for my vacuum cleaner, so I looked for a simpler solution. I looked inside the headset socket with a magnifier and saw that the contacts are pins protruding from the side of the socket wall. These pins necessarily have springs that must push them out when the plug is pulled out. I figured that there is dirt which causes friction and prevents the pins to move freely in and out. If this happens, the pins may stay in, and let the phone think that a plug is still inserted.

I used a QTip as described before (with some of the cotton removed), dipped it in alcohol and rubbed the pins inside the socket vigorously several times. This solved the problem.
Hope this will work for others as well.

longdec2

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
We tried the hard reset and it did not help. The app worked except for the phone, it seems to think that a mic is plugged in along with the earphones.