X thinks the headphones are always plugged in

Softfranklin

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
The other day I noticed I could never hear a sound from the speaker, no music, no phone, nothing. I plugged the headphones in and the phone works fine. I did manage to make the phone "boop" through the speakers when changing the volume, but still get nothing otherwise. My buddy said use compressed air in the hole, his iPhone has a similar issue, but no luck.

Has anyone ever heard of this issue? I don't think anything is broken, but I think the phone thinks that headphones are plugged in all the time.

Hi,

I had the same problem. I just restarted the phone and the headphone will go off. You will have no problem afterwards. It's a bug.

cenorbye

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
thanks this worked for me, I was having a mini heartattack!! I cleaned in side the jack and blew didn't but I sucked the air out and it worked thank god! :)

skchakarvarti

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I suddenly found earphone icon appeared in my Samsung Galaxy GT19082 and that stopped sound from media files but phone calls and notifications were audible.It disappeared sometime but came back again. I have tried cleaning, blowing etc of the jack slot but of no use. Also I read about the apps like Soundabout. Can any one give me a reliable link for this app? Or any other link without any BS?

Gsy54

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I shot some DeoxIT D5 (contact cleaner) into the socket and it instantly changed status, think there must have been some water in the socket.

Valissa Miceli

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
I have an LG G2X on T-Mobile

SOLVED: So I tried all the hardware fixes above as I was pretty sure this was hardware related. It occurred after using it outdoors a lot on a particular humid day. I did the Q-Tip trick to no avail. I then blew into the hole like a nintendo cartridge with no results. I then sucked air out of the hole hard. This fixed the problem. I then put headphones in and out and the problem came back. I repeated sucking air out of the hole hard several times and tested again. The problem remains fixed now. I can only assume it was either moisture, a particle, or some combination of the two.

Dude, thanks so much! I never thought to suck the dirt/moisture/ whatever out. I did the q tip trick, blowing into it, restarting. Ugh I was going insane. Thank you so much!!

hreebix

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
The tissue trick didn't work, rebooting didn't work, air compressor didn't work, and I really didn't want to install the toggle because I use my headphones frequently at work. 5 seconds away from factory restart I saw your comment about the qtip trick. Worked like a damn charm! Thank you! You just saved me so much pain and time!

Zatchafred

Mar 5, 2018
Visit site
Hey guys,

For me it was water. At least i assume it was that.
Id been walking in the rain and water must have gotten into the headphone jack.

Make sure you turn the phone off and remove the batter b4 trying this!!

After blowing dry the jack with a hair dryer (i used the cold setting mostly, occasionaly applying heat. I didnt want to heat up the parts too much). After about about 10-15 mins i turned the phone back on and it had fixed the problem.

I also tried cleaning out that jack with a tissue so that may have helped.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech