bye-bye DX

NBDroid

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
After 6 months of hell with my Droid X (and 2 DX replacement devices), Big Red has finally decided to send me a brand new (never-before-used) HTC Incredible 2! Not sure what will be different, but I'm excited to give it a go.

Some of the issues I have been having with my DX were: freezing on calls; double dialing when attempting to place a call; freezing when opening the app drawer causing it to overlap the homescreen (and ICONS EVERYWHERE); restarting itself whenever it so pleases; horrible battery life (probably thanks to 2.3.3); keyboard deciding to type whatever it wanted to whomever it wanted...

VZW had sent me 2 replacement devices in the 6 months since I had upgraded my phone from the Motorola Droid 1 to the Droid X. My FIRST DX I had factory reset it close to 15 times in a little under 3 months (because that was verizons idea of a resolution to my problems). I even wiped all my market apps from my account, including paid-for apps. Still had the same issues with the Droid X # 2 and # 3.

The customer service was excellent, and after bouncing around between customer service and technical support, I got to some higher ups who offered me the new HTC Incredible 2 without me even having to DEMAND a different option.

Gotta love Verizon! The reps at Verizon informed me that some of the issues I encounter are "known problems" that motorola has yet to address with a software update--and its the same on the Droid X2--but its hit or miss with devices, and more often than not people are not having these issues. I hope no one else has to go through the nightmare that I went through with their Droid X. When it worked, it was an AMAZING phone.

:-*

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I understand completely your frustration. I am happy they resolved your problems and offered you and Incredible 2. I had issue upon issue with BB and I was escalated to Retention. I wasn't offered a new but I did receive the original Incredible and I love love LOVE it. HTC Sense UI is amazing. You should like it a lot.

NBDroid

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
haven't had any of those issues and my x is the best there ever has been

Yeah the rep at Verizon told me that they have received several calls reporting the same issues and Motorola is working on some sort of fix for it. But I totally understand its hit-or miss. It's just frustrating that I've gone through 3 devices in 6 months--and I PROMISE you I'm not totally incompetent when it comes to technology. ;)

I have a friend who has had her DX for almost a year and has never had a single problem with it--she runs a TON of apps too. I loved my DX when it worked--seriosuly the coolest phone I've had to date--but its so incredibly frustrating having to f-reset your phone every few weeks, reinstall apps, redo my UI, etc...

I felt like the DX community was always more "cutting edge" and friendly... hopefully the folks over at HTC Incredible-land will be just as awesome! (Yes I know you can post in ANY thread....)

tduffysd

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine since the first week of release date and it has been perfectly flawless. works better rooted and all the crapware frozen with titanium backup. I don't blame motorola for that, i blame verizon. I have beaten the crap out of mine also and it takes it like a champ. Best phone I've ever owned.

purwater

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I hope you like the DINC2. A friend just ordered one. I too have put my DX in my desk drawer for a while. I got mine on launch day and it was as close to perfect as any phone I've ever owned. Great battery life, no reboots or glitches, great screen, good reception, just all around an awesome phone. After the GB update it was horrible. Currently I'm using an iphone 4 and to be honest I like the iphone, but I don't love it. I have a few days left before I have to decide to keep it or return it. I'm not sure what I'd get because I fear problems with the D3 and the DX2. I love Moto phones and have owned them for years and years. For every cool thing I find on the iphone I also find something it won't let me do or restricts me from changing. That's my biggest gripe. My wife loves her iphone, but she's not into tinkering like I am. I like being able to customize to my tastes and the iphone is really frustrating me in that regard. I want my DX to go back to being the best phone I've ever owned. Sad thing is that for some reason I can't even get my PC to recognize my DX since the GB update. None of my PCs will. Makes it impossible to even roll back to the good life with Froyo or some other ROM.

tduffysd

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I hope you like the DINC2. A friend just ordered one. I too have put my DX in my desk drawer for a while. I got mine on launch day and it was as close to perfect as any phone I've ever owned. Great battery life, no reboots or glitches, great screen, good reception, just all around an awesome phone. After the GB update it was horrible. Currently I'm using an iphone 4 and to be honest I like the iphone, but I don't love it. I have a few days left before I have to decide to keep it or return it. I'm not sure what I'd get because I fear problems with the D3 and the DX2. I love Moto phones and have owned them for years and years. For every cool thing I find on the iphone I also find something it won't let me do or restricts me from changing. That's my biggest gripe. My wife loves her iphone, but she's not into tinkering like I am. I like being able to customize to my tastes and the iphone is really frustrating me in that regard. I want my DX to go back to being the best phone I've ever owned. Sad thing is that for some reason I can't even get my PC to recognize my DX since the GB update. None of my PCs will. Makes it impossible to even roll back to the good life with Froyo or some other ROM.

Why not just SBF back to Froyo if GB is causing you problems? Personally, i'm running the rooted version of GB and am having zero issues except for a little less battery life. I have an extended battery on the way to fix that.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
@purwater: Just SBF back to Froyo & don't take the Gingerbread update. I am still rocking stock Froyo & don't regret being left behind in the least because I have no bugs.

TheJustPull

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't get where these bugs are coming from people keep bringing up. I've been running gb on some sort of rom with few issues-- maybe a few fcs here and there but that's about it .

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
After 6 months of hell with my Droid X (and 2 DX replacement devices), Big Red has finally decided to send me a brand new (never-before-used) HTC Incredible 2! Not sure what will be different, but I'm excited to give it a go.

Some of the issues I have been having with my DX were: freezing on calls; double dialing when attempting to place a call; freezing when opening the app drawer causing it to overlap the homescreen (and ICONS EVERYWHERE); restarting itself whenever it so pleases; horrible battery life (probably thanks to 2.3.3); keyboard deciding to type whatever it wanted to whomever it wanted...

VZW had sent me 2 replacement devices in the 6 months since I had upgraded my phone from the Motorola Droid 1 to the Droid X. My FIRST DX I had factory reset it close to 15 times in a little under 3 months (because that was verizons idea of a resolution to my problems). I even wiped all my market apps from my account, including paid-for apps. Still had the same issues with the Droid X # 2 and # 3.

The customer service was excellent, and after bouncing around between customer service and technical support, I got to some higher ups who offered me the new HTC Incredible 2 without me even having to DEMAND a different option.

Gotta love Verizon! The reps at Verizon informed me that some of the issues I encounter are "known problems" that motorola has yet to address with a software update--and its the same on the Droid X2--but its hit or miss with devices, and more often than not people are not having these issues. I hope no one else has to go through the nightmare that I went through with their Droid X. When it worked, it was an AMAZING phone.

I have never had those issues.....I don't love Verizon, but they have good customer service. I hear your same story of unhappy incredible owners complaining of battery life and radio issues to then get offered a "different" brand. VZW can solve issues this way as a last resort. Glad Verizon fixed your issue.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Good luck with your new phone . I actually prefer sense over blur.
I haven't had as many issues with my dx as you did this, was able to solve most by rooting and custom rom
I haven't had any issues with my dinc

sent using TaPaTaLk

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't get where these bugs are coming from people keep bringing up. I've been running gb on some sort of rom with few issues-- maybe a few fcs here and there but that's about it .

"I've been running gb on some sort of rom"

There's your clue. People who are having problems are the ones who got the update OTA & are running stock. You aren't.

richman10302

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
one thing i noticed with motorola smartphones after 6 months of constant every day use they just crap out...you get bugs,weird issues that isnt software related the chips dont last...

i cant afford a new phone since my upgrade dosent come to me till 7/2012 and i have also had 3 replacement X's..this will be the last motorola smart phone i will ever buy

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
one thing i noticed with motorola smartphones after 6 months of constant every day use they just crap out...you get bugs,weird issues that isnt software related the chips dont last...

i cant afford a new phone since my upgrade dosent come to me till 7/2012 and i have also had 3 replacement X's..this will be the last motorola smart phone i will ever buy

This hasn't been my experience at all. I owned the original Q, the Q9m, my wife had the original Droid and now we both have Droid X's. All of the phones have performed very well. After well over a year of heavy use with each they still ran like they were new.

I'm not saying I will always stick with Motorola, but I haven't been disappointed in their hardware.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar