1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Facebook is killing my soul.

Ok, I know I can't be the only one with this problem, so bear with me.
    After upgrading to 2.3.3, facebook has not played nice with my phone. When I used to add a contact that I was already a friend with, it would add their picture to their contact info. And vise versa, if I added a friend that was a contact, the image would automagically pop up. Nice.
    However, now, my phone has decided that facebook contacts do not get pictures, and sometimes makes several new contact entries of the same person just because. I've uninstalled the market app, unlinked the native app, rebooted, all sorts of things. Now my contacts are a mess. Photos are gone for contacts I had photos for, there's 4 (yes four) "Dads", because I tried to link him to his actual name once (1 time). . . wtf.
    Did I miss something in the manual that wasn't distributed with the update?
    I pretty much hate facebook as it is, but this was it's one redeeming quality, I'd hate to see that go too.

TL;DR
    Facebook messed up my contacts since the 2.3.3 update. Is there a fix?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Facebook is killing my soul.

nevermind,
    I'll just sbf tomorrow.
    but if anyone has any rooting/rom recommendations, I'm open.

Get the app, SyncMyPix. That will help sync the facebook profile pictures to your contacts. I run it once a a week or so.

I always had issues trying to get Facebook pics to sync with my contacts. From what I have seen Facebook disables the option in its own App because it is built into the Droid X. Unfortunately it doesn't work great with the Droid X either. The contacts I could get sync'd would not update their pictures when they updated them on Facebook.
    Now, obviously, I don't worry about that anymore.