Droid X replacement

BKVic

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has had their X replaced by Verizon recently and if so did you get an X or a X2? My headphone jack has stopped working and I'm thinking about taking it in. I'm still under factory warranty so I'm pretty sure it goes through Verizon and not Insurion.

BKVic

Buffalo

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has had their X replaced by Verizon recently and if so did you get an X or a X2? My headphone jack has stopped working and I'm thinking about taking it in. I'm still under factory warranty so I'm pretty sure it goes through Verizon and not Insurion.

BKVic

VZW replaced my DX with the DX2 last week because of the GB update problems of June 2011. I am probably going to return the DX2 instead of the DX, because it has similar issues as the DX.

I am thus hoping the "FIX" as rumored by Moto will come first before the DX2 "FIX".

Just one person's opinion!

wormeyman

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
My headphone jack only put audio out of the right ear and i received a refurb DX, also you do realize that the DX2 has those nasty pentile screens right?

edit: also the people at the store didn't even look at my phone they just sent me a replacement one with only a few questions asked, they are trained how to fix software problems (factory reset) but not hardware.

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
The camera button on my X stopped working a couple of weeks ago and I finally took it to the Verizon store last night. They are sending me a replacement in a few days. I will check back into this thread and let you know what I receive. This will be my third X, as my first one started to get dead spots in the screen.

Red Sr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

BKVic

Just had my X replaced for the exact same reason as you. I was sent a refurbished X, and, not a X2.

AmIJeremy

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Okay, when you say battery overheating, what do you mean? Forgive my idiocy, but I believe my battery is overheating. It's not anything dire, but if I use my X for any longer than a minute (whether it be downloading apps, facebook, sending emails, etc), the sucker gets hot! Should this be something I call Verizon about?

BuMMeR-X

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
AmlJeremy - That is what was happening to mine, would getting pretty hot when being used, not burning hot, but much hotter than it should have been getting. Didn't even have to call them about it, talked with @VZWSupport on Twitter a couple of times and they called me, and had a replacment sent to me. Was only an X, but still having reboot issues and system lock ups, ect...

sillar68

May 27, 2011
Visit site
AmlJeremy - That is what was happening to mine, would getting pretty hot when being used, not burning hot, but much hotter than it should have been getting. Didn't even have to call them about it, talked with @VZWSupport on Twitter a couple of times and they called me, and had a replacment sent to me. Was only an X, but still having reboot issues and system lock ups, ect...

Hey, what date did they call you and send you the replacement? Did they extend your contract and/or count that as your upgrade? I've heard VZW are not even giving the option of an X anymore as a replacement and I'm trying to develop a timeline.

Buffalo

May 12, 2010
Visit site
FYI ... I have been through 2 Dx replacements, as well as 2 DX2's and 2 Droid 3"s. In addition, they are sending me an HTC DINC2 (all re-certified so far, and all just as bad as the original DX. with similar issues).

No contract or upgrade implications.

Hey, what date did they call you and send you the replacement? Did they extend your contract and/or count that as your upgrade? I've heard VZW are not even giving the option of an X anymore as a replacement and I'm trying to develop a timeline.

sillar68

May 27, 2011
Visit site
FYI ... I have been through 2 Dx replacements, as well as 2 DX2's and 2 Droid 3"s. In addition, they are sending me an HTC DINC2 (all re-certified so far, and all just as bad as the original DX. with similar issues).

No contract or upgrade implications.

Are they sending you the Dinc2 because the DX is no longer available? When was your last call to Verizon Support? Looks like some people are still getting a DX and some people are being told they are no longer available. Maybe it depends on the Rep you get on the phone.

BuMMeR-X

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
They offered me another replacment through Twitter yesterday because of the lockup's and battery pulls, and they said it would be another DX, I told them to just keep it because I would just have all the same problems again.

Buffalo

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Are they sending you the Dinc2 because the DX is no longer available? When was your last call to Verizon Support? Looks like some people are still getting a DX and some people are being told they are no longer available. Maybe it depends on the Rep you get on the phone.

All choice of replacement phones has been mine.

ceztheday

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I just received a Droid X replacement. Coming from Droid x2. Had for 2 days. Got 17hrs on my first day of use. Was still at 20 percent when I charged it. Anyway,I was also told about 2 weeks ago that they were out off Droid x. Funny thing Thu. The front cover is all Black and the back is Gray ? Was the first ones that came out like that.

sillar68

May 27, 2011
Visit site
After suffering many of the same problems with the most recent GB update and bug fix, I called Verizon yesterday. They had me do a factory reset one more time, which did nothing so they said they would send me another Droid X. Apparently they are not out of Droid X's for Dallas, TX customers.

FYI, I bought a recertified Droid X in January when they still offered 1yr contracts so I've had the phone and my contract around 9 months. Verizonwireless.com shows I'm eligible for an upgrade in 11/2011. They told me over the phone two weird things (1) My phone shows out of warranty even though they know recertified phones come with a 1yr warranty. (2) They told me I was eligible for an upgrade now, and offered me some better pricing on the phone plus a $50 Verizon gift card. I didn't listen closely so I don't remember how big a discount. I guess they are trying to lock me in for another 2yrs before a slew of new phones come out.

fordguy1564

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my 7th phone now, original had broken buttons. My 2nd, the one I just traded in had a software issue that froze constantly. The following three had: dead screen after 4 hours, stuck menu button out of the box, and the last one had a couple dead spots on the screen. After that, they sent me a recertified DX2, which right out of the box couldn't make calls! Returned that, and got another recertified DX instead. Hopefully this one works. After this, I'll be asking for a new phone, kinda tired of not having a solid phone! One rep I talked to actually told me that if my next phone dies, to call motorola directly since Verizon is not able to replace with a new phone under warranties.

sillar68

May 27, 2011
Visit site
well it appears they tell some customers they are out of DX's for replacement, and yet they send a DX to others (like me) at the same time. I wonder why?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol