Does z4root work on stock gingerbread?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    MacGyver Wannabe

Default Re: Z4root...

No, it does not.

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

This thread reminds me, that stock 596 rooted thing never happened yet did it? Still gota do the two step from Froyo?
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy357 View Post
    This thread reminds me, that stock 596 rooted thing never happened yet did it? Still gota do the two step from Froyo?
    If it happened, I certainly didn't see it. I guess the powers that be didn't try to hard since moto allowed us to flash back to froyo while on official GB

I SBF'ed back to Froyo this weekend then Z4 Rooted again.. GB was just way to buggy.. Force closes, insufficient storage space error when trying to download, hard button light problems, Battery drain, the list goes on and on..........

Im kinda shocked that a easy root has yet to be discovered, but then again i couldn't write those programs nor start to, so i know itsa gots to be DIFYECULT!
    just SBF back then Z4 it.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,512 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

I just flashed back to froyo then Z4 and flashed the new leaked GB with the new. 13p radio. Then back on cm7 with my new radio

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

I finally did the same thing, back to Froyo then up'd it to GB with root and all. figured if i was going back, might as well. My GB ota really left my phone kind of a pain. for the most part things were okay and thank god it's not as bad as some posters I've seen but wanted a fresh start to see if things got better. Still testing, a little better.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    I just flashed back to froyo then Z4 and flashed the new leaked GB with the new. 13p radio. Then back on cm7 with my new radio
    What is the new radio thing?
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,512 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

The new radio helps improve the radios in the phone 3g/1x

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

There is apparently a second method for going from p3droid's rooted .596 to rooted .602 without sbf'ing... It's on mdw, sorry no link right now, I'm kinda on the go. I have not tried it yet, but it has reportedly worked for some. It basically involves taking the update and then cwm booting and installing the SU file from sd. Go find it though, read the whole thing first. The OP is called tadpole, I think

MacGyver Wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Flawson View Post
    There is apparently a second method for going from p3droid's rooted .596 to rooted .602 without sbf'ing... It's on mdw, sorry no link right now, I'm kinda on the go. I have not tried it yet, but it has reportedly worked for some. It basically involves taking the update and then cwm booting and installing the SU file from sd. Go find it though, read the whole thing first. The OP is called tadpole, I think

Yes, this:

TBH .602 instructions

I can confirm that it works perfectly.

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Thanks, waldenIV. I was going to post a link now, but you got it taken care of.
    I wanted to come back by and say, yes, it works perfectly. Took all of 10 minutes and I'm already back to being overclocked and undervolted. Great solution for those that don't want to flash back to froyo to get .602 and still have root.
    Just remember to go ALL the way back to stock and always do a nandroid backup!

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

I'm gonna just go out on a limb and add, my phone seems to be working a TON better then it was as well. I was among those of you that were having lots of issues with .596, I just really have been waiting for the obligatory bugfix update. I may be singing a different tune sometime later, but for now it seems that the wait was worth it.