[OFFICIAL] GB Bugfix Update (4.5.602) now available

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Hardware buttons still don't light up properly. No other changes really noticed. Can't help but feel that the main point here was to disable root and maybe block the 3rd party tethering app workarounds that have been popping up

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Just did the OTA update. It worked, but I lost Root. Things had been more stable for me on HC .596 than prior levels, and I hope there will be improvement with .602 on the few intermittent issues I was having on HC .596 and before, including infrequent, but annoying spontaneous reboots, especially while using Google Navigation, or Audible.

On HC .596, I had also experienced occasional, but infrequent loss of cell connectivity, which could only be resolved with a power reset.

It will be a while before I know if these issues are resolved. I'm frustrated with the loss of Root, but I can only blame myself for jumping into the OTA update based on one post that indicated he hadn't lost root.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Just did the OTA update. It worked, but I lost Root. Things had been more stable for me on HC .596 than prior levels, and I hope there will be improvement with .602 on the few intermittent issues I was having on HC .596 and before, including infrequent, but annoying spontaneous reboots, especially while using Google Navigation, or Audible.

On HC .596, I had also experienced occasional, but infrequent loss of cell connectivity, which could only be resolved with a power reset.

It will be a while before I know if these issues are resolved. I'm frustrated with the loss of Root, but I can only blame myself for jumping into the OTA update based on one post that indicated he hadn't lost root.

Are you still on the .12p radio?

Jbairdjr

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
My update fails when I try to load it.
I had some apps frozen with Titatanium Backup, but defrosted them.
Any ideas? Rooted

SouthernSaltine

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried to SBF back to froyo after installing the new bug fix update.. Just curious if that is still an option if i dont like this new bug fix update.. I just SBFed back to froyo this passed weekend due to download errors from the market and others saying i did not have enough memory when i had like 5gb onboard and SD..

Mastaking

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
My update fails when I try to load it.
I had some apps frozen with Titatanium Backup, but defrosted them.
Any ideas? Rooted
go to data connections in the settings and in the section for social networking make sure that you uncheck where it says to sync only over wifi, then try to load it up again. Hope that helps.

KJoFan

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Is this coming out in waves or why when I go to check for system updates am I getting the 'all up to date' message? :-\

kenc3dan

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I can confirm that the orientation bug in Google Sky Maps seems to be fixed.
Up is up, East is East - nice!
That was a real showcase app and now it seems to be working right again!

Corey

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
It's been a few hours and I'm not too thrilled with the update.

+ The lag between dialing/selecting a contact and the actual phone call has been fixed. It's now as quick as it was in Froyo
+ So far, I haven't had a single random reset. It's been a few hours, but I'll be keeping an eye on it

- Camera still doesn't work right. After one or two pictures, the phone either lags out completely, shuts down the camera program, or completely freezes the phone to the point that a battery pull is necessary. This happens with the stock camera app as well as third party camera programs.
- Reception is horrendous. I think this update made my reception worse than the initial GB update. I'm lucky to get 2 bars, where Froyo consistently gave me 4 bars of reception. People who are able to call me are saying that they are being sent straight to voice mail half the time
- There seems to be weird, random lag on some of the programs where there was no lag previously. This includes Gmail and Google Maps, so it doesn't seem to be confined to third party apps.
- My app space seems to be minimal. I'm not one to install a load of apps. I noticed when I went from Froyo to Gingerbread, it would say that I was out of space for apps on half the amount used in Froyo. This update seems to have given me back some of that app space, but I'm not sure if it's back to Froyo levels or not. I'm on minimal apps now to have a useable phone.

So, for me, Gingerbread has been a total bust for me. It's turned my phone into a useless piece of crap. I'm tempted to just flash it back to Froyo, but I think that would only annoy me more knowning that it's not up to date. Verizon offered to send me another DX, but to be honest, if it has GB, I'm not interested. If it gets unbearable, I'll be switching out. Otherwise, I'll be waiting for Ice Cream Sandwich to see if it fixes what GB broke, or if it'll be another downgrade. By then, I should be close to my phone upgrade. If Ice Cream Sandwich is another dud, I'm getting away from Android.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

+ The lag between dialing/selecting a contact and the actual phone call has been fixed. It's now as quick as it was in Froyo
+ So far, I haven't had a single random reset. It's been a few hours, but I'll be keeping an eye on it

- Camera still doesn't work right. After one or two pictures, the phone either lags out completely, shuts down the camera program, or completely freezes the phone to the point that a battery pull is necessary. This happens with the stock camera app as well as third party camera programs.
- Reception is horrendous. I think this update made my reception worse than the initial GB update. I'm lucky to get 2 bars, where Froyo consistently gave me 4 bars of reception. People who are able to call me are saying that they are being sent straight to voice mail half the time
- There seems to be weird, random lag on some of the programs where there was no lag previously. This includes Gmail and Google Maps, so it doesn't seem to be confined to third party apps.
- My app space seems to be minimal. I'm not one to install a load of apps. I noticed when I went from Froyo to Gingerbread, it would say that I was out of space for apps on half the amount used in Froyo. This update seems to have given me back some of that app space, but I'm not sure if it's back to Froyo levels or not. I'm on minimal apps now to have a useable phone.

So, for me, Gingerbread has been a total bust for me. It's turned my phone into a useless piece of crap. I'm tempted to just flash it back to Froyo, but I think that would only annoy me more knowning that it's not up to date. Verizon offered to send me another DX, but to be honest, if it has GB, I'm not interested. If it gets unbearable, I'll be switching out. Otherwise, I'll be waiting for Ice Cream Sandwich to see if it fixes what GB broke, or if it'll be another downgrade. By then, I should be close to my phone upgrade. If Ice Cream Sandwich is another dud, I'm getting away from Android.
@Corey. Sorry to hear you have had such a bad experience with the DX. It amazes me how differently the phone behavior is from one user and one device to another.

For me, GB has been the most stable OS I've had on the DX. It resolved the problems I had previously, provided a proper contact name display and sort options for the first time, along with a batch of other improvements, and only introduced one new infrequent bug, at least for me.

From your description of dissatisfaction with the DX, I don't think you would have much to lose to just try another unit. Good luck

Corey

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
@Corey. Sorry to hear you have had such a bad experience with the DX. It amazes me how differently the phone behavior is from one user and one device to another.

For me, GB has been the most stable OS I've had on the DX. It resolved the problems I had previously, provided a proper contact name display and sort options for the first time, along with a batch of other improvements, and only introduced one new infrequent bug, at least for me.

From your description of dissatisfaction with the DX, I don't think you would have much to lose to just try another unit. Good luck

It baffles me. On Froyo, my DX was top notch. I had zero problems with it; no restarts, no lag, no connection issues, and no reception issues, and a functional camera and none of the contact display problems that others have had. That phone, I loved. GB has done nothing but shred that stability and introduce constant problems. My DX with Gingerbread is a half step away from eating a few bullets.

rsxtcy4me

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

I don't think that the X is going to see ice cream sandwich. But, I could be wrong.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234