[OFFICIAL] GB Bugfix Update (4.5.602) now available

rexster314

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded the update. I hope the lights are fixed when you put it in the multi-media dock. I hate having a night light! :-\
I tracked my problem with the hard lights not going off when in the media dock to Anti-Lock which keeps the screen from locking up. I just tried it with the .602 fix, and the lights still go off if I turn Anti-Lock off.

SVT Cobra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
A reset was the PERFECT fix after my update. Also make sure VZW customers #228 prompt 1 and #228 prompt 2. The prompt 2 searches for the closest cell towers and "homes in" on them to increse your signal strength. It fixed my signal/lost call issues. I know this is old news, but it may help as a reminder not to overlook what we take for granted.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Gingerbreak 1.2 doesn't root this new update... In fact, just by running it screwed up the 3G signal i was getting, now I'm getting 1 bar in the same location... Gotta get a root for the OTA.

SouthernSaltine

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
A reset was the PERFECT fix after my update. Also make sure VZW customers #228 prompt 1 and #228 prompt 2. The prompt 2 searches for the closest cell towers and "homes in" on them to increse your signal strength. It fixed my signal/lost call issues. I know this is old news, but it may help as a reminder not to overlook what we take for granted.

LOL.. I always get the message "Your Feature Update can not be completed" when i dial #228

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

Does #228 work? I've always dialed *228.

BigGuyNH

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Still no update available, maybe doing something wrong - Did *228, nothing, did Factory reset, and nothing.

Maybe Maine is to far out in the boonies and has yet to receive the update yet.

Will give it a few days unless someone knows something I don't?
:D

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Dialing *228 option 2 does nothing to increase signal strength.

Dialing *228 and pressing 2 updates what's called the Preferred Roaming List.(PRL) It's a roaming list.

It does not add new Verizon towers or hones in on older ones. All it does is authorizes your phone to roam on towers not owned by Verizon.. Verizon has roaming agreements with other CDMA carriers, updating the PRL allows you to roam on those towers. Nothing more, nothing less.

If Verizon puts up a new tower, your phone will automatically detect it. If Sprint puts up a new tower, your phone will not recognize it until the PRL is updated and that tower is added.

Last edited:

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Still no update available, maybe doing something wrong - Did *228, nothing, did Factory reset, and nothing.

Maybe Maine is to far out in the boonies and has yet to receive the update yet.

Will give it a few days unless someone knows something I don't?
:D

You're not rooted are you?

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to stop this update? I haven't been offered it yet, and don't really want it since my phone is rooted and I don't have any problems with it.

evolefty

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I tracked my problem with the hard lights not going off when in the media dock to Anti-Lock which keeps the screen from locking up. I just tried it with the .602 fix, and the lights still go off if I turn Anti-Lock off.

What do you mean Anti-Lock? I tried the dock out after the update and the lights did go out, but last night the lights stayed on. The only thing that changed on my phone was downloading the Google free app of the day which was "App 2 SD". I moved several apps to the sd card but left all of the Go Launcher stuff on the phone.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
..... I was almost upset about the whole situation, but then I spent an hour reading all the comments on PreCentral. What a cathartic experience. Even running a version of the OS that's slightly behind, I feel like I'm lightyears beyond some of those poor souls. Some are still holding on to their release day Pre, holding on to the small glimmer of hope that the Pre3 will be released before it becomes totally obsolete. They've even given up hope that the Pre3 will hit Sprint at all and seem poised to accept any carrier. If you feel depressed about any phone you own, check out that desolate wasteland for an instant pick-me-up. It's a fascinating glimpse into fanboys coming to the realization that their platform is dying an agonizing death.

Your comment regarding the Pre seems very prescient, considering how the following 24 hours darkened that glimmer of hope over there.

BuMMeR-X

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Well spoke to soon, dx rebooted 2 times saturday and the fully locked up and required a battery pull, and rebooted 2 times yesterday. VZW is sending me another dx because the battery is still getting hot, that should be here today or tomorrow, will see how that goes.

jamesd553

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah im running 602 unrooted. I had to do a sbf before to get to GB just a month ago. I still have the 3g 1g dance on lost signal from 5 bars at 3G just keeping my phone on my desk. My phone will show no bars and I could still make a call. Other times I have 3G and 3 bars but when I click on the dialer button all the bars and the 3G disappear all of a sudden. Other apps like GMail and browser do the same thing.

I found that if I loose all my connections I have to go to GMail and refresh it. That will turn the antenna back "on" even though there is no reason for it to be off.

I remember this problem happen before GB. In fact I remember it was the day that verizon switched on its LTE network. That is when my phone started having connection issues. Now people say they call and would ring for them and then go to voicemail all the while my phone does not show any missed calls.

It seems to be some kind of hardware issue (3G and voice network antennas causing interference) or a software issue ( I think some blur modules are logging my phone off the network when they refresh.) anyways .602 did not fix any of these issues. I haven't called verizon because its going to take 50 calls just for them to take it to level 2 and then they will just offer to replace it with another phone with the same issue.

I dont know what to do.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah im running 602 unrooted. I had to do a sbf before to get to GB just a month ago. I still have the 3g 1g dance on lost signal from 5 bars at 3G just keeping my phone on my desk. My phone will show no bars and I could still make a call. Other times I have 3G and 3 bars but when I click on the dialer button all the bars and the 3G disappear all of a sudden. Other apps like GMail and browser do the same thing.

I found that if I loose all my connections I have to go to GMail and refresh it. That will turn the antenna back "on" even though there is no reason for it to be off.

I remember this problem happen before GB. In fact I remember it was the day that verizon switched on its LTE network. That is when my phone started having connection issues. Now people say they call and would ring for them and then go to voicemail all the while my phone does not show any missed calls.

It seems to be some kind of hardware issue (3G and voice network antennas causing interference) or a software issue ( I think some blur modules are logging my phone off the network when they refresh.) anyways .602 did not fix any of these issues. I haven't called verizon because its going to take 50 calls just for them to take it to level 2 and then they will just offer to replace it with another phone with the same issue.

I dont know what to do.

One little known oddity is that unless you are placing a call, the displayed bars represent the data signal strength, not CDMA. It switches over the CDMA only when you are in voice mode, which often results in radical shifts in displayed strength.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I got this update pushed to me twice so far today. I denied it because I don't want to lose my root. Is there a way to freeze the update from happening with Titanium?

Cardoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I updated my Droid X last evening and it appears to have fixed all of the problems that I was having with reboots, dropped 3G and running hot. It also has not effected my use of teathering with PDA Net. With less than 24 hrs on the upgrade it "feels" like the phone I bought a year ago before the GB update. I'm a happy camper for sure.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I got this update pushed to me twice so far today. I denied it because I don't want to lose my root. Is there a way to freeze the update from happening with Titanium?

I froze the "Updater" to stay on Froyo, and that worked. Might want to try that, I do not know if it will work with GB since I am not on GB?

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I froze the "Updater" to stay on Froyo, and that worked. Might want to try that, I do not know if it will work with GB since I am not on GB?

I couldn't find the updater in Titanium. I read that you could stop it if you renamed the blur_updater.apk filename, but my phone said I didn't have permission to do that. Which is weird, since I'm rooted.

I ended up using the update here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mo.../112321-tbh-602-instructions.html#post1190156 and everything has been working fine so far, with the root intact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969