[OFFICIAL] GB Bugfix Update (4.5.602) now available

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
update 4.5.602 is now available to download. this is the eagerly anticipated bugfix update. and yes, before anyone asks, you will almost certainly lose root if you update :)

and hey, while youre here, post some impressions if youve gotten to download and mess around with it some

Last edited:

grnsl2

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: GB bugfix update dropping tonight (supposedly)

Nada, will try again in just a few minutes.

**EDIT** Downloading NOW. I hope this is all positive... 4.5.602 is the version number, says it will take up to 7 minutes, rebooting now unpacking etc...

All finished now, confirmed 602 but can't ShootMe screen shot to prove it. hmm, I think that's a root confirmation now gone?

Don't know what's officially supposed to be fixed/work but my camera settings still aren't sticking yet and those darn bright buttons!! sigh...

Last edited:
Reactions: wabadroid

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Installed, but decided to do a factory reset just to be on the safe side. Oh and it just finished. Will report the good and the bad with this update in a bit

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Is a factory reset really necessary??

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

No not at all, but personally this is something I've done since my Blackberry days. I feel it helps the phone give it a clean slate and from there I can see what problems the phone has without wondering if it's because I didn't do a full wipe. Many people hate doing this because they lose everything and have to set up their phones all over. I don't mind doing that, but programs like appbrain help re-install pretty much all your apps (even though I don't use it myself)

draftpeppin

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
My problem with Google Sky Maps (east/west being reversed) looks like it might be fixed. Need at least 24 hours before I know if the daily drop of 3G is fixed. Setting some junk calendar appointments to see if the calendar alarms are working again.

rsxtcy4me

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
No not at all, but personally this is something I've done since my Blackberry days. I feel it helps the phone give it a clean slate and from there I can see what problems the phone has without wondering if it's because I didn't do a full wipe. Many people hate doing this because they lose everything and have to set up their phones all over. I don't mind doing that, but programs like appbrain help re-install pretty much all your apps (even though I don't use it myself)

Smart, i did the same with my storm and bolds.. But meh.. Anyone actually know what the hell this update was actually supposed to fix. Verizons documentation looked like the stuff from the last update. So no help there I guess...

Simonbarsinistr

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
The hardware button lights seem to be fixed on mine. They turn off in the dark now at least.

Edit: now the test of time to see if the freeze ups and restarts quit.

Sent from my DROIDX

Last edited:

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Smart, i did the same with my storm and bolds.. But meh.. Anyone actually know what the hell this update was actually supposed to fix. Verizons documentation looked like the stuff from the last update. So no help there I guess...

I had heard it does have a new radio. And then fixes for all the screw ups from the initial GB update. Only time will tell though if it fixed them or created new headaches

rsxtcy4me

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I had heard it does have a new radio. And then fixes for all the screw ups from the initial GB update. Only time will tell though if it fixed them or created new headaches

The new radio is good, and I can kinda tell, but what screw ups exactly??

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
The new radio is good, and I can kinda tell, but what screw ups exactly??

The GPS would show the wrong direction as well as take a long time to lock on to your position when navigating. The stock camera wouldn't stay at 8mp, it would always switch back to Widescreen (which looks like at the moment still hasn't been fixed with this update). Now I never saw random restarts, but others have. Hopefully that is fixed. Their are many other issue, but I don't remember what else at this moment.

rsxtcy4me

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
The GPS would show the wrong direction as well as take a long time to lock on to your position when navigating. The stock camera wouldn't stay at 8mp, it would always switch back to Widescreen (which looks like at the moment still hasn't been fixed with this update). Now I never saw random restarts, but others have. Hopefully that is fixed. Their are many other issue, but I don't remember what else at this moment.

Decided that I would go ahead and give the factory reset a try as well. What could it hurt, plus it would clear up an issue with the dialer that I was having as well.

russelb

Sep 30, 2010
www.russlawaz.com
After the update and cache wipe:

Camera resolution setting is still not sticking after a reboot.
Blur seems snappier and more responsive, but not sure if this is just the result of a reboot. Time will tell.

Last edited:

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Led notification lights still not working. Phone does seem quicker.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

GlueFactoryBJJ

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Just did the update myself. Surprised that the AC home page hasn't noted that there is a Gingerbread update for the DX available. Is that because it is now considered "old"? It's an OG DX? :)

I DO wish they'd supplied a list of fixes with the update though.

Scott

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc