interesting: 16gig v. 32gig card

markstanco#CB

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Friend with a DX had the stock 16 gig card. 2 days ago he updated to a fast 32 card. All the sudden, he had to do multiple battery pulls, etc. Phone sucked. Tonight he went back to the stock 16 card and all was fine.

Thoughts?

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Stock 16? Damn I musta missed out on that model. I was given the 2gb when I got my X in early 2011. As for the issue sounds like a bad card. Was he able to do anything with it?

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem last year.
Do a full format using an sdcard reader on your PC. Move the sdcard back to the X. Then format it again from the sdcard settings on the X.

[tapatalk - shadow]

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
That's really odd. I was looking into getting a 32 glass 6 and up. But then when i began reading reviews on tech sites etc. it seems many people who bought such have multiple problems, from the card going corrupt constantly to other issues with their devices like you mentioned. I don't know what that's about, but i decided to stick with my 16gb for now.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
That's really odd. I was looking into getting a 32 glass 6 and up. But then when i began reading reviews on tech sites etc. it seems many people who bought such have multiple problems, from the card going corrupt constantly to other issues with their devices like you mentioned. I don't know what that's about, but i decided to stick with my 16gb for now.

One of the first things I did when I got my DX last December was get a 32GB card. I've had the same card in there since then with no problems. It's a class 4 Kingston card. While the card should be able to be faster than the device it's plugged into, maybe see if you can get a class 4 instead of a class 6.

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
One of the first things I did when I got my DX last December was get a 32GB card. I've had the same card in there since then with no problems. It's a class 4 Kingston card. While the card should be able to be faster than the device it's plugged into, maybe see if you can get a class 4 instead of a class 6.

Yeah, i think that's the problem. As soon as you try going over a class 4, it begins to have issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci