Any last suggestions...

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm about to go ahead and update my phone since I can't make calls on it anyway. Any last suggestions before I install the latest update.( I'm kinda of scared to do it cause I know it's gonna brick my phone or render it useless that's why I wasn't updating it but I have know choice now)." So is there any "Make sure you..." out there I need to be aware of before I install the latest update?

"Any words of caution"

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I would at least clear cache and dalvik cache before.

Is your X rooted? If so, boot into clockwork recovery and do it through there. If not then you can boot into stock recovery and do it there.

That always seemed to help a little.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I would at least clear cache and dalvik cache before.

Is your X rooted? If so, boot into clockwork recovery and do it through there. If not then you can boot into stock recovery and do it there.

That always seemed to help a little.

What is "Dalvik"?

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
If your un rooted which it sounds like you are, I will leave that to someone else. I simply cant remember how that way, my apologies. On a side note, Im proud of you, no !! yet,lol

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I have searched High and low ( youtube google, Bing etc) but there are no step by step for clearing the Dalvik cache. I thought I found a how to but it didn't explain it thoroughly. Anyone have a step by step?

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have searched High and low ( youtube google, Bing etc) but there are no step by step for clearing the Dalvik cache. I thought I found a how to but it didn't explain it thoroughly. Anyone have a step by step?

Power your phone off. Then hold the home and power button on until it starts to power up, then release both. An image of a box and an android should come on, when that happens hit the search button. That will take you into stock recovery.

Use the volume rocker to go through the menu to clear cache, then dalvik. I believe dalvik is under the advanced menu.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Power your phone off. Then hold the home and power button on until it starts to power up, then release both. An image of a box and an android should come on, when that happens hit the search button. That will take you into stock recovery.

Use the volume rocker to go through the menu to clear cache, then dalvik. I believe dalvik is under the advanced menu.

Thank you for responding, I just tried this and for some reason I get the little Android with the (!). When I hit the search button nothing happens. I'm not getting a menu. Am I doing something wrong?

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
So instead of holding home key and power: do power and the volume keys at the same time correct? Never mind I found out how to do it Thanks for responding.

I'm gonna post a link to a youtube Video that I have found on this since I know someone else may have a similar problem getting to this menu:

http://youtu.be/W_1VpH9Z0-k

Now to clear the Dalvik cache is that under "wipe Cache Partions"?

Last edited: