Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ricky Babalu
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pandora problems

This has been going on for a few months now n im at wits end of wth to do...

Pandora will load n play initially at first just fine. Then about second or third song in it'll start to hesitate or pause. Sometimes it will skip to next song in the middle of the track its playing. Also get moments where it just sits at loading n does nothing at all. Last thing it does is will have a track up but it wont play for quite awhile (2-5mins) n will either start playing or if i keep dropping down notification bar n tapping on pandora (1-10times) almost to refresh the app, it'll start playing.

I had enough of it a few weeks ago n uninstalled the app. Rebooted n checked for any left over app bits in my file system n removed them to. Went about a week n went thru withdraws so had to reinstall it. Worked for about 3 days n went back to same ole crapola!

Only thing i feel i have to try is to factory reset phone n update it n try it all again. Any other suggestions? I miss my pandora

Droid X 2.2 rooted Pandora v1.511

Default Re: Pandora problems

could be pandor's way to get us to pay for their service. have the same problem here

Piano Man

That's my new big concern with Pandora. This stuff has also started happening to me, just as I was contemplating subscribing. How do you know that it's not happening to the subscribers also?
    MacGyver Wannabe

You could try Slacker Radio instead, but I've had the problem happen to me more with Slacker than with Pandora.
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

I am not having those issues, I play Pandora for hours without any hiccups. I am not subscribed.
    Bleezy likes this.

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

A long time ago when I had this issue even with Sirius, Pandora and Slacker. I was told it was simply the app losing connection repeatedly. I download mp3s now and use the stock music player

Sent from the X of B
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.

Global Posts
    555 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock for now.

Could try wiping the app's cache and/or data...

Same problem here, always laggy, takes forever to load the first song after starting the app. I have this problem on wifi and 3g.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I wipe the cache/data once every couple days. I never have a prob using it on my pc using cable internet n its the free service. Slacker is WAY worse at this then pandora. The app freezes n just sux for me n has since had this phone. Pandora played today KINDA ok throughout the work day today so guess ill just deal n start getting MP3s again.

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    ROM
    GPE 4.4.2 TiKTaC ROM

I am a subscribed customer, and I too have seen this on my rooted droid X running Rubix (froyo based). Its not all the time, but the song will get interrupted and if it doesn't pick back up where it left off, it will skip to the next song.
    | 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on NuSenseOne-Kitkat RC-1.4 |
    | 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4.2 |
    | Jet Black Pebble Smart Watch (Red Slickwrap) - Official SDK 2.0.13 |

I'm a paid Pandora user -- trust me, it doesn't help. Mine is 30-60 seconds between songs when I'm on 3G, even with full bars. Slacker is almost always less than 5 seconds. Cleared cache, reinstalled app, etc. Nothing helps. I won't be renewing that membership...

@ morbious7 nevermind found the link

Try these fellas, 3g is still slow to load but haven't had the skip issue yet. Wifi is awesome!

New systems generate new problems.

Global Posts
    754 Global Posts

I've never had this issue on my DX. Run pandora on 3G all the time.
    Do you guys have a solid connection, 3-4 bars?

I use Pandora on my X almost daily without issue.

Stock with 2.3.3 but was fine even before the update.

no problems with free Pandora on 3G here. i wonder if it's a reception/connection issue. sounds like it. also - do you have "Enable Always On Mobile Data" checked YES on your device?

I've been having this problem for a few months now as well. We all need to email the developer to let them know about this issue. If they get enough complaints they will fix it..

I don't use Pandora enough to know if it has problems, but Pandora on my wife's phone seems to do better than MLB 11 radio broadcasts on mine. We can be driving in the car together and hers will skip much less than mine.

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    ROM
    GPE 4.4.2 TiKTaC ROM

I still cant figure out what the problem is. Today I was trying to listen to Pandora, and after the first 1-3 songs, it will start a song, and stop. Then if after awhile it doesnt restart, it will skip to the next song. I have tried multiple different things to fix the problem.

I normally have GPS on, as well as WiFi at home, and usually I'm using my BT headphones. I have tried with and without GPS on, with and with out Wifi, with regular wired headphones, BT headphones, and just the external speaker. I have even tried all of those different combinations while pluged into the wall.

So I have come to the conclusion that it has to be on their end. I just dont see how its anything with my phone because its only recently started this. I remember when I first got my Droid X in Feb of this year, it would stream Pandora with no problem.

I think I'm going to look into contacting the developers and see if they have any incite. If I get any responses i'll be sure to let you all know.
    | 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on NuSenseOne-Kitkat RC-1.4 |

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    ROM
    GPE 4.4.2 TiKTaC ROM

EDIT: Sorry I get a little long winded on this post.

Ok, So after doing some research I found out some interesting information. This is directly from Pandora's website.

Before proceeding, please make sure you have the latest version of the Android OS for your handset, and the latest version of the Pandora Android app.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If having any of the below issues, please fully delete and reinstall the Pandora Android app. Sometimes this is necessary even if you just upgraded.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Only official Android OS releases are supported for the Pandora Android app. The Pandora app is not supported for rooted Android handsets or those running modded, beta, pre-release, unofficial, or custom ROMs. Pandora will be unable to support any technical or functionality issues you experience under such an environment.

Why am I experiencing audio issues on Froyo?

If you have upgraded to Froyo (Android 2.2), you may notice audio-quality issues while listening to Pandora. The Android team is aware of this issue with AAC+ audio and has released a fix, which is gradually being rolled out on the various Android handsets.

Currently the Sprint HTC EVO and the Google Nexus One have OTA Android OS updates that incorporate this AAC+ audio fix.

If you have a different handset than the two mentioned, please contact the support team for your handset if you have any further questions about this issue.

So, that being said... I decided to follow their suggestion and Uninstall the application. First I went in and cleared application data. Then after that I uninstalled the app. After this I shut down the phone, then pulled the battery and let it sit for a few minutes. Re installed the battery, booted up the phone, and downloaded the newest Pandora from the android app market.

Once I opened up the app, I had to re-log in, and then I loaded up a station. I'm currently about 5 songs into it, and its working flawless with no hiccups or pauses. I'm currently on WiFi and just letting it play through the external speaker. Did their suggestion fix the problem?? I'm not really sure, but it appears to be working.

EDIT: After 5 songs on the external speaker, I hooked up my Bluetooth headphones and am now about another 5 songs in and still no issues.

One other thing I did notice is that in the Pandora preferences, they have the option to listen to pandora in Normal or High quality. This is the first option in the list, and I use to Always have it on High. The application defaults to Normal, and I think this "could" be part of the issue. Going back to what Pandora had on their website

If you have upgraded to Froyo (Android 2.2), you may notice audio-quality issues while listening to Pandora. The Android team is aware of this issue with AAC+ audio and has released a fix, which is gradually being rolled out on the various Android handsets.

So could it be an issue with Verizon's network, or the Droid X's ability to process the high quality audio?? Either way, while I was downloading the application, I was reading the reviews of it, and many many people are experiencing the same issue. So we are not alone in this struggle.

I would like to know if this helps anyone else, so check your setting and see if its on Normal or High, and if its on High change it and let me know if it helps. If that does not help, follow Pandora's instructions and re-install the app.

Also, make sure you note what OS your using and anything else you think is important.
    Thanked by:

Thanks for the info Ahowe. I'm going to give a try right now.

Editted to add that I uninstalled Pandora last night, then reinstalled it. This morning I used Pandora on my way into work while in the car dock and worked without any of the previously mentioned issues.
    Last edited by ririder; 09-09-2011 at 06:10 AM.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by morbious7 View Post
    This has been going on for a few months now n im at wits end of wth to do...

Pandora will load n play initially at first just fine. Then about second or third song in it'll start to hesitate or pause. Sometimes it will skip to next song in the middle of the track its playing. Also get moments where it just sits at loading n does nothing at all. Last thing it does is will have a track up but it wont play for quite awhile (2-5mins) n will either start playing or if i keep dropping down notification bar n tapping on pandora (1-10times) almost to refresh the app, it'll start playing.

I had enough of it a few weeks ago n uninstalled the app. Rebooted n checked for any left over app bits in my file system n removed them to. Went about a week n went thru withdraws so had to reinstall it. Worked for about 3 days n went back to same ole crapola!

Only thing i feel i have to try is to factory reset phone n update it n try it all again. Any other suggestions? I miss my pandora

Droid X 2.2 rooted Pandora v1.511
    I was having the same problem, too. Tried uninstall, reinstall, clear cache, etc. I ended up switching to Slacker. It was a bit of pain to change over, but it's been working a lot better than Pandora.

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    ROM
    GPE 4.4.2 TiKTaC ROM

Quote Originally Posted by ririder View Post
    Thanks for the info Ahowe. I'm going to give a try right now.

Editted to add that I uninstalled Pandora last night, then reinstalled it. This morning I used Pandora on my way into work while in the car dock and worked without any of the previously mentioned issues.
    Good to hear, thanks for the reply.

Well, I have been having this problem on my D1 and it was driving me crazy. I had to just play mp3's. I just upgraded to a Bionic (fantastic, I might add) and all of my apps reinstalled, so Pandora was freshly installed. At first, it worked flawlessly for a few days and then it started the long pauses during a song. I'm thinking it is something they pushed in a new app version because I have streamed Pandora (3G) at this spot for 8+ hours a day for the last 6 months (until a month or so ago) and never had this problem.

My Bionic is rooted and running 2.3.4 Moto blur and my Pandora version is 1.5.12 (97207) .. anyone else think it could be an app update? What versions are you guys running?
    Droid BIONIC, Rooted, ICS leak v. 232
    Moto Droid, Rooted, Overclocked to 900Mhz slayer - CyanogenMod ROM

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

My guess is those who have not had problems have probably not upgraded Pandora in some time. I've checked on upgrades for the app periodically as I've had the same issues and while reading the reviews most complain that an upgrade sometime in June is what screwed up the app.

I agree .. ok, now how do I get the previous version ??
    Droid BIONIC, Rooted, ICS leak v. 232
    Moto Droid, Rooted, Overclocked to 900Mhz slayer - CyanogenMod ROM