Couple of silly questions about clearing my cache..

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm really afraid of screwing up my phone but I think I really need to update. My phone will not stay connected to WIFI or 3g. I was told to clear my Dalvik cache and after doing much research I find this rather important. My question is where is it exactly? When I go through the reboot steps I see "wipe Cache Partions" is this where I go to clear the Dalvik Cache?

Also when performing a back up to my computer by copying files, if I do it in USB Mass storage am I backing up ALL MY files on the phone or just those on SD Card?

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Are you rooted? You should only be clearing the Dalvik Cache if you are changing roms frequently. Who suggested clearing it?

Rick,

This thread is where it all started...http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-x/113426-any-last-suggestions.html

MsCharli,

How bout just doing the update, and then see how things are. If there are any additional steps that need to be taken, you know we are here for you. Go ahead and drop that update in your device. If it helps, I can agree with Rick about the dalvik clearing when doing ROM changes and updates. This one your about to do with the stock GB, isnt exactly in need of a dalvik wipe since you havent been ROM bouncing like us root users do,lol. Let us know what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463