Dialer won't open

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone. I'm having a problem here where my dialer won't open. I click it and it flashes open then instantly closes. I tried getting to it through contacts but can't. I'm sitting here on day 4 with no power from the hurricane and now can't call anyone who isn't on my contact list. Any ideas? Thanks.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
The same thing used to happen with my gallery app. Try clearing the data and/or cache for your dialer app. Settings -> applications -> manage applications -> click on the "all" tab at the top -> scroll down and find dialer and click it -> hit clear data (on mine there is no cache to clear. If there is on yours for some reason, clear it too).

Don't know if you needed the instructions on how to do it or not....but there ya go :) I hope that helps.

swoosie76

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The same thing used to happen with my gallery app. Try clearing the data and/or cache for your dialer app. Settings -> applications -> manage applications -> click on the "all" tab at the top -> scroll down and find dialer and click it -> hit clear data (on mine there is no cache to clear. If there is on yours for some reason, clear it too).

Don't know if you needed the instructions on how to do it or not....but there ya go :) I hope that helps.
I am having the same issue as well. I cleared the data under the dialer, but the dialer still will not open. Do you have any other suggestions?

meyer

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I had the exact same issue. Couldn't figure it out so I called Verizon. After the usual steps, nothing worked so I got a replacement. Are you rooted?

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
A last resort is to do a factory reset. Verizon will usually have you do this as troubleshooting before they have you send it in anyway. But yeah, if you can't get the dialer working, there's not much point in owning the phone. I would have Verizon replace it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20