Help with numerous problems

crazyjoejoe

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. I am experiencing numerous problems with my rooted droid x.
First problem is it wil shut off at random and even reset at random. This has become more frequent as of late.

Second, I have go sms installed but cannot receive picture or video messages. When people send them to me I get nothing.
i even tried handcasent sms with similar results.

Third, on certain websites I chat on when I click to respond in a thread I cannot get the text bar to pop up. I have even tried using their "mobile" website with similar problems.

Thanks for your time all help is appreciated.

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem with frequent random reboots. It started with Froyo and continued with GB. When talking to Verizon, they acknowledged the problem and said they were working on it. I just kept having them send me a replacement each time. After enough times, they gave me the upgrade price early and I got a DINC2.

I'm not sure that there is a fix or that there is a fix coming since the phone is over a year old now.

Except for the reboots, the phone was bad @ss.

Selling my X on eBay got me enough to pay for my DINC2.

crazyjoejoe

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I really like this phone and I an stick with it for a while so I would like to get it fixed. I am wondering if its the version of liberty that I am running as I never had these problems before I installed it. I tried to see if there was am updated version of liberty but I can't find anything.

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I really like this phone and I an stick with it for a while so I would like to get it fixed. I am wondering if its the version of liberty that I am running as I never had these problems before I installed it. I tried to see if there was am updated version of liberty but I can't find anything.

I didn't try Liberty. I mostly did rooted stock and I tried as a last resort CyanogenMod. Both had the same result. Random reboots. I'm not sure if it is just a bad batch of X's or what.

The classic was when I was on the line with VZW tech support. They had me do a factory reset (for the millionth time). The phone had just finished the factory reset and was in the screen where you choose an existing or a new google account and BAM! random reboot! No apps installed and it rebooted in the middle of the initial set up screens before I could even enter my account info!

Number of random reboots with my DINC2? ZERO so far, but it's only been 3 three months.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your problems but I recommend going to apex. This rom is a stock Android experience and I pretty much have no problems. If ur gingerbread liberty then u should be able to flash apex right over it. But make sure u have the right kernel and other requirement with apex. Hope I helped. sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.

crazyjoejoe

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I would like to keep liberty as I paid for the toolbox but if I have to switch I will.

Does anyone know if there is a liberty update?

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I believe their is an aosp liberty ROM too. I have also heard good comments about it.

sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I used to be on liberty. But then I was having bad battery life and it would get slow sometimes. So I went to apex and never looked back.

crazyjoejoe

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Right now I get about a day on my battery before I have to charge. If I use it alot at work I need to charge it in the afternoon.

I'm game for doing whatever needs to be done to fix this I just need instructions on how to do it.

Any help with my other problems? The keyboard issue and the picture issue?

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I would still recommend trying out a gingerbread aosp rom. It will give u a stock Android experience with the least issues. For the browser I recommend trying a different browser like opera or dolphin. For the keyboard I'm not exactly sure as I don't use go SMS but instead use the stock Android messing app that came with apex.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34