Phone contacts all disappeared!!

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
So, I'm running .602 with the update.

I rooted my phone a few days ago using the newest one-click method. It worked great! Done in five minutes. Didn't notice anything wrong.

I got Titanium Backup and froze some bloatware. Last night I froze more bloatware.

This morning I found that all my phone contacts are GONE except the Verizon ones! I did't freeze any system files or anything, just junk. To be sure I didn't accidently freeze something important, I thawed everything anyway.
No contacts.
Reboot...
No contacts.

Evidently no contacts in GMail on my PC either. I'm not positive that freezing even had anything to do with it.

Someone told me that I can go to Verizon and have them restored, which I don't really want to do... If you know what I mean....

WTF happened!!??

TIA

jcarlosfox

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
....snip.... I thawed everything anyway.
No contacts.
Reboot...
No contacts.

Evidently no contacts in GMail on my PC either. I'm not positive that freezing even had anything to do with it.

...snip....

WTF happened!!??

TIA

It probably has nothing to do with freezing or even rooting. Nothing you are doing would affect your contacts on GMAIL. If your GMAIL contacts are missing, and you don't have a back up somewhere, then everything is gone, unless you have used the Verizon backup or some other back up.

If your GMAIL did a synch with your phone and your phone, being empty told GMAIL to empty your contacts, then I suppose that COULD happen, but it's not normal behavior.

Are you sure you are looking at the correct gmail account? Do you happen to have multiple gmail accounts and your contacts might be in another account?

Dubbayoo

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I froze some apps last night and my contacts disappeared too, all except 4-5. Im now un freezing everything to see what caused it.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happened to me this afternoon, immediately after a Companionlink sync on my laptop, but I had not been doing any freezing or unfreezing of apps. In fact, I have never done that.

Outlook subsequently reported that the database had a problem, and I was able to restore it with an earlier backup, fortunately. Another sync with Companionlink sync restored everything to gmail. I never had that experience, and I hope I never do again. I'm also very grateful that I backup regularly. I have almost 500 contacts, and I really don't want to have to recreate that file from scratch.