Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid X update this morning to 4.5.605.en.us

heads-up... just got a System version update for DroidX.
    My sys version is now 4.5.605.MB810.Verizon.en.US

the alert I received stating it was downloaded and ready to install was that it was 4.5.605.en.us

I was rooted, but now am not. going to see if I can re-root.

Wil

Good luck & thanks for the heads-up. I've been waiting for that shoe to drop, and I did get a notification late last night that an upgrade was available. I suspect that was the 605, but it didn't perform the update.

I just went and renamed my updater. apk file to updater.apk.bak in the hope that will prevent it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Droid X update this morning to 4.5.605.en.us

update to update:
    I was able to swiftly re-root with "DROID 3 easy root script v7".

I was a bit concerned there may have been some shenanigans with the way VZ detects wifi-tethering, and I see they must have put in something because now using WiFi Tether causes my browser to display the selfprovisioning page for 3G hotspot... ARG

Quote Originally Posted by pixelsyndicate View Post
    update to update:
    I was a bit concerned there may have been some shenanigans with the way VZ detects wifi-tethering, and I see they must have put in something because now using WiFi Tether causes my browser to display the selfprovisioning page for 3G hotspot... ARG

I tested Wifi Teather last week, before the update, and got the same page. Safe to say that "feature" is dead for now. I hear some readers saying "Challenge Accepted" and can only imagine that this will soon change.

I have not seen the upgrade yet, I just checked and it was not there. What does this upgrade do if you know.

thanks

Jack

Fixes keyboard issues... no update here in Az.

Update available now in Az.

Global Posts
    1,465 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

For Wi-fi tethering, try a market app called WiFi Tethering from OpenGarden, Inc. Seems users on the X(as well as other devices) are having success with it.
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.
    snppr22 likes this.

If I were to update, because I am rooted, will the Motorola One click root still work for me?

Quote Originally Posted by pixelsyndicate View Post
    heads-up... just got a System version update for DroidX.
    My sys version is now 4.5.605.MB810.Verizon.en.US

the alert I received stating it was downloaded and ready to install was that it was 4.5.605.en.us

I was rooted, but now am not. going to see if I can re-root.

Wil

Quote Originally Posted by stieber73 View Post
    If I were to update, because I am rooted, will the Motorola One click root still work for me?
    I updated to 605 last night. Lost Root as expected and got it back with the Motorola One click. You're good to go for it.
    binarypoet likes this.

Just updated here in CA. Hopefully it fixes the Swype "force close" error I frequently get.

This update fixed my reoccurring data loss. My 3g would cut out until I did a factory reset now its working great. I never had any keyboard issues so I can't comment on that

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Un-rooted

I'm attempting to download the update, but the install keeps failing.

Not sure why, I'm rooted but that has never caused an update to fail before.

If you're rooted, the update won't work It didn't in my case either

ROM
    Rooted GB

Im just wondering if someone can link me to motorola one click everyone's talking about.

And to the poster above me are you runnin a custom rom or stocm with root? Ive just updated while rooted and it took, running stock with root.
    Find my comment helpful? Then feel free to thank me.

Global Posts
    1,465 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

Quote Originally Posted by Finsol View Post
    Im just wondering if someone can link me to motorola one click everyone's talking about.

And to the poster above me are you runnin a custom rom or stocm with root? Ive just updated while rooted and it took, running stock with root.
    One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid X2, Cliq and Cliq 2) [From the Forums]
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.
    Thanked by:
    Finsol 

Received the update this morning, did not need to unroot to install it. Lost root access, re-ran the Easy Root script and have root back again. Easy stuff.... phone's been a bit "quirky" recently, hope this latest update smooths it out a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Finsol View Post
    No custom stuff, stock GB, rooted with one click

Same here.

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

got the update here a few min ago and i am not rooted
    guess i will find out what it fixes lol

** well just updated and well nothing diff so far that i can see**
    Sweet Home Chicago

Sprint BB Curve (long time) ---> Vzw Eris (3 days) ---> Storm 2 (less than a year) ---> Droid X (less than a year) ---> Razr Maxx (one year) ---> Razr Maxx HD (little over a year) ---> White Galaxy s5

Global Posts
    1,465 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

Quote Originally Posted by robocp4 View Post
    got the update here a few min ago and i am not rooted
    guess i will find out what it fixes lol

** well just updated and well nothing diff so far that i can see**
    It was an update to apply 119MB worth of fixes to the stock keyboard issues reported by users. Crashes, freezes, lags, missing commands, etc

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

well i dont use the keyboard that was on the update i had to download a diff one that i like better
    Sweet Home Chicago

Sprint BB Curve (long time) ---> Vzw Eris (3 days) ---> Storm 2 (less than a year) ---> Droid X (less than a year) ---> Razr Maxx (one year) ---> Razr Maxx HD (little over a year) ---> White Galaxy s5

Im already done with craparola after waiting this long to actually use my stock keyboard. It went haywire with gingerbread and i had to buy thumb to use my phone. Not fixing the keyboard issues after all this time just cements my opinion about motorola.

Question for you all. I was rooted and had just a couple apps Frozen with titanium pro. I completely forgot about it and got the update and ran it. Lost root and nothing seems to be broken. Gonna try and run the root for droid 3 tomorrow. Anybody think i broke anything by not thawing apps?

ROM
    Rooted, De-Bloated Stock

well, I've tried to take the update twice now. Rooted stock .602. No dice. I unfroze all my bloat, downloaded, and the install tried to reboot, went straight to the standard boot animation, then proceeded to go through a series of endless reboots. Had to work fast and reboot into cwm and clear the cache partition. That stopped the reboots but I am still unable to update.... hmmmm. maybe I should try the TBH sbf .602 file. Then take the update. What a pain.
    Rocking the Galaxy Note 2. Rooted and De-Bloated. Take that VZW!!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast