Strange Navigation issue

Nard Dog

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I traveled for work last week and for the first 3 days of my 4 day trip I used my Navigation like I always have. The turn by turn worked like a charm and all was right with the world. But then it all came crashing down. After one client meeting I got back in the car, fired up the Navi and headed on my way to my next meeting. I was shocked to hear a terrible "chiming" noise instead of the lovely "turn here...." directions I am used to. Horrified, I went through every menu I could find and couldn't get my voice commands back. When I got to my hotel that evening I googled the issue I was having and found one post on another forum where someone had the same thing happen. The suggested fix was to remove and reinstall Maps. I tried that and the only option was to uninstall the updates, so I did that and then reinstalled the updates. I started Navi up again and the chimes are still there. Sadly, there was no resolution posted in the forum post I found. What could have happened? How can I fix it? It wasn't muted the volume was all the way up. Also, I never touched anything that would've changed the settings in the first place. Any ideas?

Nard Dog

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Another weird development today. I left the house this morning and headed to an off site work meeting. I put the address in and my voice commands were back. But then halfway through the trip it switched to the chimes again. I just can't figure it out. Maybe it has something to do with other apps that are running at the same time? I did have Opera open for a bit when I was stuck in traffic. Although the commands were still there after I had opened Opera.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol