Am I being throttled?

snppr22

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have an original DX. Two days ago I was seeing crazy FC messages, mostly on 3G. I decided that maybe I messed something up while deleting bloat, although they popped up weeks after I tweaked anything. So I reset, which didn't fix anything, which wasn't a shock. I downloaded all my old apps from the market, but I did it over WiFi. So I SBF'd. When I got everything back up and running I started to put everything back together. My phone is SLOOWWWW. On WiFi I can only download 1 app at a time, although the speeds are decent. On 3G it takes 7-8 minutes to download a single app. I was all over the place (I am outside of Philly) today and it never was faster or slower. Full 3G service with a -60 dBm signal was same speed as one bar and -94 dBm. Usually I am a heavy user and reach 3.5-5 GBs of data a month. This month I am on day 22 and have only used .70 GB since I have been on WiFi so much. I have called about getting a new device but apparently my warranty is out. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? I cant imagine I am being throttled and yet I can come up with no other reason.

JDHunz

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it's being throttled or their network has been wonky. There have been a few times (here in Iowa) where our 3G data speeds have been miserable like you said, but Wi-Fi has been great...so I wonder if it's more of an actual device issue or something running that's causing you to move so slow...

Something I will keep an eye on since I don't consider myself a "heavy" user, but if you are at only .7 gb, then something's messed up if they are clamping down on you at that low consumption...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech