Droid X Screen Problem

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Let me preface this by saying that I am running CM7 (GB kernel) so I'm not 100% certain that what I'm experiencing is a hardware issue and not a bug in CM7 itself.

What happens is sometimes, when I try to wake my screen, the buttons will light up and the screen backlight activates but the screen itself won't display anything. If I press the power button a second time the buttons and backlight will turn off just like when the screen goes to sleep. If I press the power button a 3rd time, as before, the buttons will light up and the screen backlight will activate but again nothing will be displayed on the screen. I've had this happen both while on and off of the charger and initially, this would only happen once every 3 to 4 weeks but it's now starting to get far more frequent. I had it happen to me twice yesterday and once already today. The only way I know of to "fix" the issue is to perform a battery pull. Has anyone else seen this and/or know how to fix it?

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Edit: I just reread and saw that you are running the GB kernel. I'm still using the Froyo kernel and my instructions may not be complete.

Do a nandroid backup. I would make two as mine had a md5 mismatch last time.
Get a working nightly, camfix2, and gapps on your sdcard.
Reboot into recovery.
Format /data /cache /system in mounts and storage. Mount /system and /data.
Install the three zip files above in that order.
Goto backup and restore, advanced, restore only the data partition from your last backup.

This will give you a fresh install and retain all of your data.

[tapatalk - shadow]

Last edited: