Sending same text multiple times.

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok so my fiance and I both have DX. Lately we have both been dealing with sending multiple text to some one. The same text sends to the person three or for times. is there anyone else experiencing the same?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I had the issue briefly about a month ago. Near as I could tell the app (Handcent in my case) didn't think it had sent the message and retried until it succeeded in getting an acknowledgement. I removed it, rebooted and reinstalled it and have not seen the issue since.

njswoosh

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I am constantly getting 2-3 of the same texts. Very very annoying. Using stock text app.
Would love to know how to fix this.

Last edited:

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I had the issue briefly about a month ago. Near as I could tell the app (Handcent in my case) didn't think it had sent the message and retried until it succeeded in getting an acknowledgement. I removed it, rebooted and reinstalled it and have not seen the issue since.

We are both using the stock text app. Even after factory setting it does it.

Ahowe125

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this the other day on my custom ROM'd phone running VZmessages. I'm not sure if my sent messages were affected, but on two different times I received 4-5 of the same text from different people. It was strange because they were both Iphone users, so I wondered if it was a problem on their end. I guess not, I too would like to know if their is a fix for this.

And on a side note, its very random and doesn't happen often.

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I have the same thing randomly happen to me. A text I send to my girlfriend, she'll receive it multiple times, sometimes even an hour after I originally send it. I'm wondering if it has to do with the strength of the cell signal at the time. I'm beginning to think there's a link the low signal I have at times with the multiple sendings. And when I say low, I mean bouncing in and out of no signal at all to barely one bar on 1x. And I've tried multiple apps for texting, ChompSMS, GoSMS, Handcent, and the stock app. Just a thought though.

What were your signal strengths at the time of sending them?

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the same thing randomly happen to me. A text I send to my girlfriend, she'll receive it multiple times, sometimes even an hour after I originally send it. I'm wondering if it has to do with the strength of the cell signal at the time. I'm beginning to think there's a link the low signal I have at times with the multiple sendings. And when I say low, I mean bouncing in and out of no signal at all to barely one bar on 1x. And I've tried multiple apps for texting, ChompSMS, GoSMS, Handcent, and the stock app. Just a thought though.

Full. For both of us actually. I've tried different apps and still nothing. Even had it send it to her a couple day later. gets rather annoying.

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I suppose no solution has been found yet for this? Mine is getting worse and worse. Up to 5 and a few times 6 times the messages have been resent. This is seriously annoying, and almost to the point of locking my girlfriend's phone up. I've talked to verizon a few times now, and they are not acknowledging any problems. I've even received a new phone, and the problem continues. This is getting really old

voiceonly

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I was getting that, as well as my outgoing texts in one message window, while the incoming would be in a 2nd window.. very annoying.

At one point, I did a factory reset about a week ago and so far for me, it seems to have fixed the problems.

Rapta619

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I work literally 200 ft from a Verizon tower and my gf lives about 500 ft from a tower, odd, are messages will send/receive up to 12 times. Or ill get one from last week. And my.Co.workers also have dx's and have similar problems.

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I work literally 200 ft from a Verizon tower and my gf lives about 500 ft from a tower, odd, are messages will send/receive up to 12 times. Or ill get one from last week. And my.Co.workers also have dx's and have similar problems.

Yeah the same here. It is rather annoying. But when I decide to take it Verizon it will not mess up. Lol

lemtech

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I have same issue. HTC vivid on at&t. No matter what app I use it randomly sends a text 2 or 3 times. Sometimes I receive a text twice. Annoying!!! Doesn't happen all the time but at least everyday. I wish they would make the space bar bigger too so I wouldn't have so many periods in my convoys

Em_r_roids

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Nothing to worry about?
Nothing to worry about?
Nothing to worry about?
Nothing to worry about?
Nothing to worry about?
Nothing to worry about?

Racer38521

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae