Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Sending same text multiple times.

    Ok so my fiance and I both have DX. Lately we have both been dealing with sending multiple text to some one. The same text sends to the person three or for times. is there anyone else experiencing the same?

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  2. #2  
    lsmunoz's Avatar

    Posts
    304 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sending same text multiple times.

    I had the issue briefly about a month ago. Near as I could tell the app (Handcent in my case) didn't think it had sent the message and retried until it succeeded in getting an acknowledgement. I removed it, rebooted and reinstalled it and have not seen the issue since.
    Dumb phone -> BB8830WE -> BB Curve 8330 -> Incredible -> DROID X ----->Galaxy S3
  3. #3  
    njswoosh's Avatar

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sending same text multiple times.

    I am constantly getting 2-3 of the same texts. Very very annoying. Using stock text app.
    Would love to know how to fix this.
    Last edited by mja2573; 10-26-2011 at 10:03 PM.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lsmunoz View Post
    I had the issue briefly about a month ago. Near as I could tell the app (Handcent in my case) didn't think it had sent the message and retried until it succeeded in getting an acknowledgement. I removed it, rebooted and reinstalled it and have not seen the issue since.
    We are both using the stock text app. Even after factory setting it does it.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  5. #5  
    Ahowe125's Avatar

    Posts
    116 Posts
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    ROM
    GPE 4.4.2 TiKTaC ROM

    Default Re: Sending same text multiple times.

    I noticed this the other day on my custom ROM'd phone running VZmessages. I'm not sure if my sent messages were affected, but on two different times I received 4-5 of the same text from different people. It was strange because they were both Iphone users, so I wondered if it was a problem on their end. I guess not, I too would like to know if their is a fix for this.

    And on a side note, its very random and doesn't happen often.
    | 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on NuSenseOne-Kitkat RC-1.4 |
    | 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4.2 |
    | Jet Black Pebble Smart Watch (Red Slickwrap) - Official SDK 2.0.13 |
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Sending same text multiple times.

    I have the same thing randomly happen to me. A text I send to my girlfriend, she'll receive it multiple times, sometimes even an hour after I originally send it. I'm wondering if it has to do with the strength of the cell signal at the time. I'm beginning to think there's a link the low signal I have at times with the multiple sendings. And when I say low, I mean bouncing in and out of no signal at all to barely one bar on 1x. And I've tried multiple apps for texting, ChompSMS, GoSMS, Handcent, and the stock app. Just a thought though.

    What were your signal strengths at the time of sending them?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cereal_Killer View Post
    I have the same thing randomly happen to me. A text I send to my girlfriend, she'll receive it multiple times, sometimes even an hour after I originally send it. I'm wondering if it has to do with the strength of the cell signal at the time. I'm beginning to think there's a link the low signal I have at times with the multiple sendings. And when I say low, I mean bouncing in and out of no signal at all to barely one bar on 1x. And I've tried multiple apps for texting, ChompSMS, GoSMS, Handcent, and the stock app. Just a thought though.

    What were your signal strengths at the time of sending them?
    Full. For both of us actually. I've tried different apps and still nothing. Even had it send it to her a couple day later. gets rather annoying.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Sending same text multiple times.

    I'm dealing with this issue myself!! AAAANNNNOOOYYYIINNG!!!
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Sending same text multiple times.

    I suppose no solution has been found yet for this? Mine is getting worse and worse. Up to 5 and a few times 6 times the messages have been resent. This is seriously annoying, and almost to the point of locking my girlfriend's phone up. I've talked to verizon a few times now, and they are not acknowledging any problems. I've even received a new phone, and the problem continues. This is getting really old
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Sending same text multiple times.

    I was getting that, as well as my outgoing texts in one message window, while the incoming would be in a 2nd window.. very annoying.

    At one point, I did a factory reset about a week ago and so far for me, it seems to have fixed the problems.
  11. #11  
    Rapta619's Avatar

    Posts
    52 Posts
    ROM
    i wish i could.

    Default

    I work literally 200 ft from a Verizon tower and my gf lives about 500 ft from a tower, odd, are messages will send/receive up to 12 times. Or ill get one from last week. And my.Co.workers also have dx's and have similar problems.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  12. #12  
    KJX
    KJX is offline
    KJX's Avatar

    Posts
    31 Posts
    ROM
    OTA Gingerbread

    Default Re: Sending same text multiple times.

    Having same issue, but my DX just DOAed on me so it may not be an issue much longer.
    Moto Razer --> LG Venus --> Moto Q9c --> Moto DROID X --> Moto Droid 4
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapta619 View Post
    I work literally 200 ft from a Verizon tower and my gf lives about 500 ft from a tower, odd, are messages will send/receive up to 12 times. Or ill get one from last week. And my.Co.workers also have dx's and have similar problems.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Yeah the same here. It is rather annoying. But when I decide to take it Verizon it will not mess up. Lol

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Sending same text multiple times.

    I have same issue. HTC vivid on at&t. No matter what app I use it randomly sends a text 2 or 3 times. Sometimes I receive a text twice. Annoying!!! Doesn't happen all the time but at least everyday. I wish they would make the space bar bigger too so I wouldn't have so many periods in my convoys
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Sending same text multiple times.

    Nothing to worry about if you have an unlimited text messaging plan.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Sending same text multiple times.

    Nothing to worry about?
    Nothing to worry about?
    Nothing to worry about?
    Nothing to worry about?
    Nothing to worry about?
    Nothing to worry about?
    Thanked by 2:

Posting Permissions

B