Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How Much is a Droid X worth Today??

My friend is offering me his Droid X for 150 and its in good condition. Is this a good deal or should i try to wager it down some? No clue what a good deal is. Also will this phone get the ICS update? Thanks!

Default Re: How Much is a Droid X worth Today??

They're going for about that or a little less on eBay, so it's not a bad deal. You could get it down 20-25 more bucks, but it's your buddy so throw him a bone. Or you could ask him to throw in some accesories. I just bought a used one about a week ago for $145. (*He was asking $160 for it.)Although it has a little cosmetic wear, it works great. Plus he threw in a car charger and silicone case, so I felt it was a good deal. Good luck!!

P.S. I doubt it will "officially" get ICS, but we have some amazing devs still producing for this device, so you never know what they will do or come up with.

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

gazelle.com offered 66 dollars for mine
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    ROM
    GPE 4.4.2 TiKTaC ROM

Depending on the market, it seems they are still going for $100 to $175. I always check craigslist for phones I'm interested in, and check to see what my Droid X is worth. It seems like more and more for sale every time I look, so its going to drive the price down with the release of all the next gen phones. IE Razr and Nexus.
    | 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on NuSenseOne-Kitkat RC-1.4 |
    | 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4.2 |
    | Jet Black Pebble Smart Watch (Red Slickwrap) - Official SDK 2.0.13 |

Global Posts
    10,631 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

I think a 100 is fair. I see them go for that. 150 is a little steep.

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

I just bought one recently because my x2 got ran over. I found it in the local classifieds for $125 with lots of accessories and asked for a better price with no accessories and she took $100 and still gave me a wall charger and silicone case (wont be using the case but glad she used it). Its in mint condition. I found several others in the $125-$175 ballpark.

Just bought one on craigslist for $90, the guy was asking $125. It was in good used condition, not mint, but so far so good.

The VZW Trade In program will only offer you $54.00 for a working DX.
    So double that price and that would be a good place to start.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod

I sell them on eBay often and have been getting about $130-150 for them lately, depending on the condition. Sounds like an ok deal to me if is in good shape.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I was able to get $150 from a guy on Craigslist last week. I bundled extend battery + dock with it too, so it was a good deal imo. Plus the phone was in perfect condition, which does help.

Got mine for $100 last week in Boston area. It depends on your market. Mine was better than like new. It was new. I can tell it had never been activated. But no accessories. I've seen cheaper in the area. I think there will be a lot on the market with people flocking to get iphones (fools!). $150 is a bit much. Nice friend (not).

just sold mine for $150. it was a refurb so looked brand spankin new
    i also bundled a dock + ext battery with it...oh well, here's to hoping i get the google nexus before it sells out at the end of this week

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

I've been trying to buy a BROKEN one on ebay for parts. Even Xs with bad ESNs or broken screens are selling for $80! What gives? I bought another good one, used, for $100 locally off Craigslist.

I was going to upgrade to this phone from the Optimus S but then I got a tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by mooch_91 View Post
    I've been trying to buy a BROKEN one on ebay for parts. Even Xs with bad ESNs or broken screens are selling for $80! What gives? I bought another good one, used, for $100 locally off Craigslist.
    Well honestly this beats the pants off most tablets that size in that price range. So one could conceivably use this with a bad esn as a mini tablet rooting and cyanogen mod make it that much more desireable. Have you seen the weak processor on the Skytex in that formfactor?
    Last edited by buzz86us; 11-16-2011 at 09:58 PM.