Random reboots, turns back on, won't turn on???

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one that has all three things happening with their X? Mine is getting worse and worse.

Several random reboots during the day. Normally will turn itself back on about 30 seconds after I turn it off at night and now the new thing - in the morning when I turn it on it gets to the red M logo then the screen just remains lit after the logo disappears and it never finishes turning on until I pull the battery. So frustrating.

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I've had the immediately turns back on after I shut it off once. I also have the random reboots from time to time. One thing that's really getting annoying now is that I seem to lose my connection...it stays stuck with the arrow down (indicating info is coming in?) and I have to either restart it or put it in airplane mode and back out to fix it. Getting very annoying.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
This reboot issue has been the thorn in the side of the X since release. It is a flaw in the Moto hardware build. Root it and ROM it and you're reboots will go away. I can attest to that fact since day 3. I researched before doing it and have never looked back. Or had a reboot, unless I do it manually.

lordwalker

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
This was occassional thing for me up until 2 months ago. Now it is a daily thing. It always seems to happen when two things are happening at the same time. Like if I'm listening to Audible and a text or email comes in it will just lock up and reset. It does happen for no reason at all but not as often.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
This reboot issue has been the thorn in the side of the X since release. It is a flaw in the Moto hardware build. Root it and ROM it and you're reboots will go away. I can attest to that fact since day 3. I researched before doing it and have never looked back. Or had a reboot, unless I do it manually.

I've been rooted for close to a year now. Never did ROM it after GB dropped - had Apex before and it was a lot more stable.

Guess I'll live with it until the G.Nexus drops - then I'm switching to that or the Razr depending on the reviews of both.

bizymare

May 20, 2011
Visit site
My X2 isn't rooted but I'm having the same issues. Since the GB upgrade now airplane mode randomly turns on as well and it won't turn off via widget or the settings menu. Have to do a reboot or sometimes a full battery pull. Been missing important texts because I don't realize it went to airplane mode.

Ready to chuck the thing into Lake Michigan.