Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By albertdc
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tired of my X

Default Re: Tired of my X

A refurbished Droid X!
    - I'm pretty sure they still have plenty of those on hand to give.
    - I've read of a few people getting Droid X2's, but I think they were exchanging because of problems, not just "lost".

On soapbox: Hopefully you would also get a guilty conscious - that is insurance fraud and abuse of the insurance program is probably a big reason why the deductibles have skyrocketed over the last couple of years....

I'll take your droid x (which will undoubtedly have a bad esn) off you hands if you decide to go through with this.

ROM
    Revolution HD 2.1.1

Even if you recieved a Droid X2, it wont be much better, if at all. There much more root support for the X. Plus you just spend 100 plus on an insurance claim. I say sell it for a few hundred and grab a RAZR. Its fast and smart actions are great! or a Nexus on Friday. You may not be sick of the Droid X, but Gingerbread itself!
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Root and you will never look back!

ROM
    Revolution HD 2.1.1

Absolutely. I was cautious about it as well for quite some time. I read alot about rooting and whatnot. In fact android central has great article on rooting in laymens terms. if you'r bored with the phone as in how it looks, you will never look back. you can change lockscreens, screen layout, app icons, app drawer and animation styles, theme your entire phone! You can make it mimic Ice Cream Sandwich almost to a T. Its something I would seriously consider if I were you. Plus you have a great droid x forum here for any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyRocker5150 View Post
    Absolutely. I was cautious about it as well for quite some time. I read alot about rooting and whatnot. In fact android central has great article on rooting in laymens terms. if you'r bored with the phone as in how it looks, you will never look back. you can change lockscreens, screen layout, app icons, app drawer and animation styles, theme your entire phone! You can make it mimic Ice Cream Sandwich almost to a T. Its something I would seriously consider if I were you. Plus you have a great droid x forum here for any questions.
    But he would still have a Droid X running Gingerbread. No amount of root will make it run like the Razr. I think his idea of waiting for his next upgrade is a better one than rooting. Just my 2 cents.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Where's the link for the great article on Rooting. I've thought about it too, but get puckered up when I think about the downside. Has it gotten more layman friendly, as in an *****'s Guide?
    Galaxy nexus!

Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 2.3.4

Depending on when you got your X you might have an upgrade available,check your account to see.

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts

I upgraded early from an X to a RAZR. I got the $50 upgrade discount, but had to pay a $20 early upgrade fee. It was well worth it.

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    ROM
    Will be rooted

He can root and wait for upgrade. I know he said he would not for security reasons though.

Global Posts
    2,806 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

Root it. Use miui and let it hold you over until an upgrade or until you can buy a phone outright. YouTube videos have helped me a lot whenever I want to try and do things to my phones

sent from the MyTouch 4G
    Currently sitting WITHOUT phone envy...

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplg View Post
    I upgraded early from an X to a RAZR. I got the $50 upgrade discount, but had to pay a $20 early upgrade fee. It was well worth it.

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk
    Been thinking about making the same move..

Any regrets? You like the RAZR?

Thanks.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15