Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Yahoo mail and Droid X divorced

I have tried several ways to solve the following problem. Tried Verizon to help, tried factory reset, power recycle, battery pull, delete account, re load from market, change port numbers, change IMAP to POP and back again, tried Yahoo chat sessions, mobile email help, and Motorola help level 2 desk. Change p/w several times.
    I can access my Yahoo mail account via desktop and notebook, but when trying to log into the Yahoo mail app I get the error box saying I have attempted to log into account too many times and device locked out or the error states that the ID and or p/w are wrong, retry or change the settings.
    This started Tuesday after two years of no problems with access to the app mail box on the device. No matter what anyone tries it will not log into or notify of any mail. Just keeping error messages.

GMail works on the device.

Is this the end?
    Last edited by irontexas; 12-02-2011 at 02:45 PM. Reason: correction

Default Re: Yahoo mail and Droid X divorced

Do you have the Yahoo app or the Yahoo account set up on your device?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have both the app, the generic app, and the Yahoo mail is in the account set up. My device is locked out of the Yahoo servers, there is no one alive at Yahoo to answer live questions just email replies as if I am a robot. Neither Motorola or Verizon can solve it either. That leaves this forum. One week out of service on the phone.

Global Posts
    722 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock GB 2.3.4

Have you tried logging out of Yahoo from all machines, devices, etc? Then choose to use either the Yahoo app or the built-in access from the Droid and see if that works.
    --
    PDA/Smartphone path: Palm IIIx -> various Sony Clies -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> iPhone 3G -> Crapberry Storm2 / iPod Touch -> Droid X -> iPhone 5
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes, I have logged out of notebook and desktop, and then logged back in successfully on both. The generic email app either loads the new mail one time, or loads it along side a log in error box, or not at all. The Yahoo mail app from the market is odder. Once it is on the device desktop I open it and input the ID and P/W but the only choice then is to Add Account or Create New Account. There is no link to sign in as there was a week ago. Haven't had Yahoo mail device access in a week. So far all help has not succeeded in solving. Yahoo locked me out of the device.

I think the Droid X has the server settings wrong. The following is the official server settings from Yahoo:

To set up IMAP on your mobile device please use these settings:
    Incoming Server - imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Outgoing Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Incoming Port - 993 (requires SSL)
    Outgoing Port - 465 (requires SSL/TLS)

Setting up IMAP on your mobile device | Yahoo! Mobile Help

When you choose Yahoo mail, Droid X is supposed to set these up correctly, but it's not.